- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
Presser Foundation gift moves Moravian closer to an all-Steinway campus
(Bethlehem, Pennsylvania)— The Presser Foundation of Haverford has donated $25,000 to Moravian’s Department of Music for the purchase of new pianos.
James L. Barnes, chairman of the music department, notes that the grant will be used to help purchase two Steinway uprights for student practice rooms—a significant step toward Moravian’s goal of becoming an all-Steinway campus.
Established in 1916, the foundation awards scholarships and grants to further the cause of music education in the United States.
In 1998, the foundation gave a $25,000 challenge grant toward the music department’s upgrade of its music technology resources. The grant enabled the College to leverage additional funds to buy electronic equipment. In 2001, the foundation gave another $25,000 to renovate the electronic keyboard lab. The gift bought six Yamaha electronic keyboards and a lab controller.
The Presser Foundation is the charitable arm of Theodore Presser Co., King of Prussia. It is the oldest continuing music publisher in the United States. Established in 1916, the foundation awards scholarships and grants to further the cause of American music education.