- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
Approximately 24 states and 14 foreign countries represented in student body
Degrees offered: Bachelor of Arts, Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Music
Most popular departments: Biology, English, Education, Psychology, Economics and Business, Sociology, Music, Art
Campus: 85-acre campus located in historic Bethlehem, Pennsylvania (population 75,000) 90 miles west of New York City and 60 miles north of Philadelphia, in the heart of the Lehigh Valley.
Base room cost: $5,406
Books and supplies: $900 (estimated)
Financial Aid Awarded to First Year Students, 2009-2010
- Over 90% of freshmen received scholarships and grants totaling over $5.6 million
- Average Moravian scholarship or grant awarded to incoming freshmen: $15,590
- 84% of freshmen received loans
- Average need-based loan: $4,074
- Scholarships, grants, loans, and workstudy opportunities are available.
- Merit scholarships are available to outstanding students.
Financial Aid Application Required Documents
- Moravian College Financial Aid Application
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (Starting January 1)
- Recommended filing date: Feb. 15 (early application advantageous)
- Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
- American Chemical Society
- Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation of the American Medical Association through the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences
- Department of Education of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
- National Association of Schools of Music Commission on Accreditation
- Pennsylvania State Board of Nursing - approved degree program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Moravian is equipped with a wireless campus network with wireless service available in classrooms, computer labs, learning centers, libraries, and student centers.
- The College is equipped with a campus-wide network. This network can be accessed from student residence rooms.
- 100% of college-owned or -operated housing units are wired for high speed Internet access
- 283 computers are available on campus for general student use
- 150 ports are available on campus for general student use
- The College provides a web portal available on and off-campus to access grades, schedules, curriculum requirement, registration, and much more.
- Undergraduate students are not required to have their own computer.
- The College offers one staffed computer lab on campus, which is staffed when Reeves Library is open. The staff provides assistance in the use of computers, software, and internet. There are 7 other classrooms and labs for student’s public use.
- A computer purchase plan is available for all students.
Moravian College provides a full range of information technology services to students:
- access to Internet
- anti-spyware, anti-spam, anti-virus filtering at the network level
- access to AMOS (campus intranet with online resources)
- access to campus-wide network
- access to Moravian College Science Instrumentation Network (MoCoSIN)
- access to College’s wireless network
- network connectivity in dorms and residences
- access to Reeves library including online searches and online databases with full-text articles from on or off-campus
- a college email account with storage space
- website with storage space
- college Blackboard account
- college AMOS account
- use of campus public access, classroom, and lab Windows, Macintosh, and UNIX computers
- network storage space
- use of black & white and color printers
- services of the Center for Information Technology personnel (Help Desk troubleshooting assistance)
- current versions of anti-virus and anti-spyware software for individual use
- programs to remove adware and malware
- use of multimedia resources; projectors, cameras, analog & digital audio & video recorders, etc.
- use of Media Service’s Digital Media Lab
- use of M-Flex account
- refresh of public access, classroom, and lab computers, printers, and projectors, licensing of software on public use computers, operating systems and specialized software