- Admissions & Aid
- Student Life
Associate Professor of Chemistry (1977)
- B.A., Luther College
- Ph.D., University of Arizona
Office: Collier Hall of Science, Room 225
Areas of Research and/or Expertise
Implementation of POGIL in the analytical chemistry classroom. Applications of chronoamperometric methods such as cyclic voltammetry. Coated-wire ion sensitive electrodes for transition metal analysis. Study of reactions involving short-lived intermediates by means of electrochemistry and spectrophotometry. Pedagogical application of a sulfide-free inorganic cation qualitative analysis scheme.
- O.C. Salter, D.L. Langhus; The Chemistry of Swimming Pool Maintenance; Journal of Chemical Education 84 (7) 1124 - 1128 (2007).
- D.L. Langhus, D.A. Flinchbaugh: A Field Study Program in Analytical Chemistry for College Seniors. Journal of Chemical Education 63(10) 866-868 (1986)
- D.L. Langhus, G.S. Wilson: Analysis of Time Dependent Spectra Generated from Spectroelectrochemical Experiments. Analytical Chemistry 51 1134-1139 (1979)
- D.L. Langhus, G.S. Wilson: Spectroelectrochemistry and Cyclic Voltammetry of the EE Mechanism in a Porphyrin Diacid Reduction. Analytical Chemistry 51 1139-1144 (1979)
- Monk, Paul M.S., Fundamentals of Electroanalytical Chemistry; Journal of Chemical Education 79 (10) 1207 (2002)
- Wang, Joseph, Analytical Electrochemistry, 2nd Ed; Journal of Chemical Education 78 (4) 457 (2001)
- Bockris, John O’M, Reddy, Amulya K.N., Modern Electrochemistry, Volume 1: Ionics; Journal of Chemical Education 76 (8) 1069 (1999)