By establishing an endowed fund, you will make a direct impact on our students for countless future generations. The fund will become a permanent memorial and an ongoing investment in the future of Moravian College and our students.
Endowed scholarship funds are part of the College’s total endowment fund to take advantage of being part of a large pool of investments. Each endowment fund is accounted for as a separate fund within the larger endowment.
- You may establish an endowed scholarship fund with a minimum gift of $25,000. The fund can be established with either a single gift or with payments over two to five years.
- The fund may be named for you, a member of your family, or in memory or honor of an individual, and any other appropriate name, e.g. the Class of 1966 Scholarship Fund.
- You may specify a preference for the type of student or students who will benefit from the scholarship award. Examples include: students with a particular major; and/or from a specific geographic area.
- Additional gifts to the permanent endowment fund may be made by any person at any time.
- The donor will receive information on the student each year the scholarship is awarded.
- The student will be informed of the name of the donor who made the scholarship possible unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous.
- Both the student and the donor will be invited to attend events celebrating both scholarship recipients and the donors who established the scholarships.