Making a Moravian education affordable to students is one of the greatest challenges for the College. Not only is it important for students and their families, but it is also important for Moravian when competing for students with other colleges.
The College has always had endowed scholarship funds but many people are unable to commit the $25,000 it takes to start an endowed scholarship fund. To help address the need for more scholarships at a lower financial commitment, an Annual Giving Scholarship was established in the 2012-2013 academic year.
- For $10,000 a donor can create an Annual Giving Scholarship that would provide $2,500 per year for four years to a deserving student.
- The fund may be established with a gift of $10,000 or the donor may choose to pay $2,500 per year for four years.
- The scholarship is not endowed and thus ends after four years.
- A donor may choose to establish as many Annual Giving Scholarships as they wish.
- When the scholarship ends after four years, the donor may elect to perpetuate this scholarship by making another four year pledge.
- The donor may establish criteria from the scholarship but it is a limited to a state or region of the country.
- The donor will receive information on the student each year the scholarship is awarded.
- The student will be informed of the name of the donor who made the scholarship possible unless the donor wishes to remain anonymous.
- Both the student and the donor will be invited to attend events celebrating both scholarship recipients and the donors who established the scholarships.