Office of Institutional Diversity
“My humanity is bound up in yours, for we can only be human together”
- Archbishop Desmond Tutu
The Office of Institutional Diversity and Multicultural Affairs seeks to promote an appreciation for and understanding of diversity, inclusion, social justice, and multiculturalism.
The Office of Institutional Diversity was created in the fall of 2000 and was charged with the responsibility of assisting the Moravian Community and Moravian Theological Seminary in achieving their goals of greater diversity and inclusion. Specifically, the office was mandated to:
- Assist in fostering a respectful and hospitable climate
- Create opportunities for meaningful dialogues related to awareness
- Orchestrate programs that stimulate social and cultural interaction as well as encourage “thinking outside of the box”
- Serve as a resource to the College community on issues related to diversity, climate, and inclusion
- Provide support to students from historically underrepresented and underserved groups.
- Raise awareness and respond to issues that are antithetical to the advancement of equality, humanity and justice.
- Aid our students in becoming culturally competent and prepared leaders for the rapidly changing society.
- Be actively engaged in raising awareness and serving as an advocate.