JOB POSTING: Operations Technician I - Mechanical
With minimal supervision, perform a broad range of basic maintenance, repair, preventive and renovation work within the mechanical trade areas. This work will be related but not limited to HVAC, electrical, plumbing, controls, technology, etc. The preferred candidate will have electrical, as well as fire alarm experience.
This position is full-time, 12 months, and eligible for full benefits.
CLASSIFICATION: Support Staff
FLSA STATUS: Non-exempt
- High school diploma or GED, valid Pennsylvania driver’s license, 5 years’ recent experience in the construction/maintenance fields or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge and usage of hand and power tools.
- Basic knowledge of: mechanical systems; equipment, procedures and materials required for system maintenance and construction.
- Familiarity with structural systems and functions including but not limited to: carpentry, painting, masonry, etc.
- Ability to perform manual task requiring above average physical strength.
- Required to furnish and have working knowledge of a basic set of hand tools necessary for the performance of assigned duties.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolds, in ditches, freight elevators, small mechanical and structural spaces or other confining spaces
- Must possess the ability to work under the direction of others, follow oral and written instructions, and work with other staff members as part of a team to create and maintain a positive, productive, safe and efficient work environment.
- Satisfactory background check will be required.
TO APPLY: All application materials MUST be combined into ONE (1) document formatted as a PDF file. Limit application materials to the cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references. If your experience qualifies you for this challenging position, please send this document electronically to email@example.com. Include 'Operations Tech’ in the email subject line.
Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until filled. Incomplete applications will not be accepted. (Application materials combined into one (1) Word file will be considered.) Questions about the position may be directed to 610-861-1527.
Founded in 1742, Moravian College is the sixth-oldest college in the country. Moravian is a private coeducational liberal arts college that is located in historic Bethlehem, in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley. Moravian is composed of a traditional undergraduate program, graduate, professional, and adult completion programs, and Moravian Theological Seminary.
Moravian College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our community, recognizing that to provide a diverse learning environment is to prepare students for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The College community understands that it shares a responsibility for generating and preserving a learning environment where difference is valued, and inclusiveness and social justice are practiced.
The College encourages individuals from under-represented populations to apply. EOE