Processional Delegate Information
The information below references the campus map.
For your convenience, processional participants can drop-off regalia on the first floor of Comenius Hall (#43 on campus map) beginning at 11:00 am. Trustees and alumni delegates who have ordered regalia through the Inaugural Office will be provided their regalia on arrival at Comenius Hall. Volunteers will be there to assist you.
Parking lots will be identified with “Event Parking” signs located throughout campus. (Lot A, J, K, M, N, O, P on campus map). VIP and handicapped parking will be behind (north) of Johnston Hall (Lot F, accessed from Elizabeth Avenue).
Parking for Delegates with Disabilities
Please contact the Inaugural Office by April 7 at 610-861-1467 if you have a disability and need parking assistance. After April 7, please contact Campus Safety at 610-861-1421. Handicapped parking will be behind (north) of Johnston Hall (Lot F, accessed from Elizabeth Avenue).
Delegates will robe in classrooms on the first and second floors of Comenius Hall (#43 on campus map). Personal items in the robing room, i.e. coats, hangers, garment bags, etc., may remain in the robing rooms during the procession and installation ceremony. Moravian staff will remain with these items at all times until 5:00 p.m. Please keep all valuable items, i.e. purses, keys, and electronic devices, in your vehicle or on your person.
In the event of rain, robing will occur in the ARC (Athletic Recreation Complex) as follows:
- Trustees/Platform Party – dance studio (first floor)
- Faculty/Staff – performance center (old fitness center – first floor)
- Alumni, Student, and College/University Delegates – ARC (lower level)
The procession line-up will begin at 1:45 p.m. in order to position delegates in the correct order. Participants will process in pairs. Procession line-up:
- Joint Board of Trustees of Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary
- Members of the Faculty and Administration
- Student Organization and Team Representatives
- International Students • Alumni Representatives
- Delegates from Colleges and Universities – in the order of the founding date of respective institutions, oldest first.
- Platform Party
Procession and Seating
The procession will begin at Comenius Hall at 2 p.m. and will end at Johnston Hall where delegates will be led to their seats in the center of the Hall.
The route of the procession will be:
- From Comenius Hall east through the gates across Main Street
- In front of Colonial Hall, then south past the Bahnson Center to Locust Street
- West on Locust Street, across Main Street, through the gates
- Continue west on Locust into Johnston Hall
At the conclusion of the ceremony, all in attendance will exit Johnston Hall and process to the west entrance of Comenius Hall. Personal items left in the robing rooms, i.e. coats, hangers, garment bags, etc., will be retrieved at that time.