Thank you for planning to attend the Inauguration of Moravian College and Moravian Theological Seminary President Bryon Grigsby ‘90. We look forward to seeing you on campus.
For Friday events (Main Street Campus):
For Saturday morning and afternoon and Sunday events (Main Street Campus):
Parking lots will be identified with “Event Parking” signs located throughout campus. (Lot A, J, K, M, N, O, on campus map). VIP and handicapped parking (for Saturday morning and afternoon events) will be behind (north) of Johnston Hall (Lot F, accessed from Elizabeth Avenue).
For Saturday evening events (Priscilla Payne Hurd Campus):
Parking will be the Hurd Campus lot (Lot U, accessed from Main Street). Handicapped parking spaces are identified as such in each these lots.
Parking for Visitors with Disabilities
For Saturday morning and afternoon events:
- Accessible entrance to Johnston Hall and parking is available in the VIP lot north of Johnston Hall (Lot F, accessed from Elizabeth Avenue). Campus Safety officers will be on site for additional direction.
For Friday and Saturday evening and Sunday events:
- Please contact the Inaugural Office by April 7 at 610-861-1467 if you have a disability and need parking assistance. After April 7, please contact Campus Safety at 610-861-1421.
Attire for Inaugural Events
Attire for all events on Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday morning is business casual.
Attire on Saturday morning and Saturday afternoon (including the installation ceremony) is more casual. General Inaugural volunteers, students and participants of the Saturday morning ‘Hounds Around the Grounds’ campus service project are encouraged to wear the Inaugural t-shirts (with slacks or jeans). These t-shirts will be distributed (as supplies last) to participants at the start of the Saturday project at 9:00 am.
Doors open at 1:30 p.m. Everyone is asked to be seated by 2:15 p.m. in order for the procession into Johnston Hall to begin on time. Some seating sections in Johnston Hall will be reserved for processional participants. Ushers will be in the hall to assist you.
The Academic Procession will begin from Comenius Hall; the route will be:
- From Comenius Hall east through the gates across Main Street
- In front of Colonial Hall, then south past the Bahnson Center to Locust Street
- West on Locust Street, across Main Street, through the gates
- Continue west on Locust into Johnston Hall
At the conclusion of the ceremony, the procession will exit Johnston Hall and walk to the west entrance of Comenius Hall.