International study opportunities abound
for Moravian students, who may take a May term intensive
course or a summer trip sponsored by the Lehigh Valley
Association of Independent Colleges.
LVAIC has been offering study-abroad programs
since 1983. This year it will co-sponsor semester programs
in Bonn or Cologne, Germany, and Dijon, France.
there are these LVAIC-sponsored summer programs:
• Akademie Internationale Bildung, Bonn, Germany. May 26-July 7. Program
Professor Vera Stegmann, Lehigh University, 610 758-5026, email@example.com.
• Center for Cross-Cultural Study, Seville, Spain. Session 1: June 2-26.
Session 2: June 30-July 24. Program director: Professor Erika M. Sutherland,
College, 484 664-3518, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Dante Alighieri Language Center, Rome. May 28-July 7. Program director:
George Rosa, Lafayette College, 610 330-5261, email@example.com.
Centro Internacional de Lengue y Cultura, Universidad de las
Puebla, Mexico. May 2-July 1. Program director: Professor Nilsa
Lasso-von Lang, Moravian College, 610 861-1393, firstname.lastname@example.org.
are also these May term and summer courses from Moravian:
• “Japanese Aesthetics and Imagination: Culture Is Art/Art Is Political.” Anne
Dutlinger, chair of the Art Department; Krista Steinke, assistant professor of
art; Lisa Fischler, assistant professor of political science; and Chris Jones,
assistant professor of biology. May 18-June 24. Information: Ext. 1689.
• John Bevington, professor of biology, exploring the ecology of the rain
in the Amazon basin. May 10-June 9. Ext. 1430, email@example.com.
• Jean-Pierre Lalande, professor of French and economics, expansion of
Union. May 21-June 9. Ext. 1399, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Connie Unger, assistant professor of education, literacy programs in
July 9-August 4. Ext. 7902, email@example.com.
Student Travels This
Lisa Bott, Phillipsburg, N.J., and Miquel
McDonald, Chester, both ’05, Nice, France.
Pearl River, N.Y., Michelle Lala, New Hope, Jill
South Salem, N.Y., and Alana Speicher,
all ’05, Florence, Italy.
James Maurath ’06,
East Stroudsburg, and Sarah Wagenseller ’05,
Levittown, University of Erfurt, Germany.
Katie Suib ’05,
Milanville, Seville, Spain.
Jonathan Thomas ’05,
Port Carbon, University of Sunderland, England.
Bugera ’04, Fleetwood, Macquarie University,
Emily Goodman ’04, Egg Harbor
Township, N.J., Anglo-American student teaching
Kelly Holland ’05, Bethlehem,
Lisa, Miquel, James, Kelly,
and Katie have won Stanley Banach Scholarships for foreign-language