HOMECOMING '08 COMING UP
2008 Greyhound Hall of Fame Inductees to be Honored
Hundreds of Moravian alumni will return to their alma mater when the College holds the 2008 annual Homecoming Weekend October 17 to October 18. The schedule of events includes the 17th Annual Rocco Calvo Invitational Alumni Golf Tournament, the Hall of Fame Reception and Induction Ceremony, the first 5th Quarter Reunion Party, a 5K run, and the Homecoming football game complete with tailgating activities.
- Friday, October 17; the Rocco Calvo Golf Tournament at the Bethlehem Golf Club. Registration at 8 a.m., tee time 9 a.m.
- Friday, October 17; Hall of Fame Reception and Induction Ceremony in Johnston Hall. Reception from 5:30 to 7 p.m., followed by the Induction Ceremony. The 2008 inductees are Alan Heverly ’96, Douglas Durepo ’94, Thomas Ike ’90, and Vincent Seaman ’65, along with the 1975 - 1976 Men’s Basketball Team. The Herbstman Award Recipient is Joseph Hoffmeier, Jr. '88.
- Saturday, October 18; 5K Run begins and ends on the College campus. Registration at 8 a.m. in the Haupert Union Building; race starts at 9. $20 fee benefits the Blue and Grey Club; prizes will be awarded.
- Saturday, October 18; continental breakfast in the HUB, 9 to 10 a.m., followed by Coffee with President Thomforde at 10:15 a.m.
- Saturday, October 18; dedication of the H. Paty Eiffe Gallery Endowment Fund in the HUB. Reception at 10:30 a.m., dedication at 11. Visitors also can view the Fourth Exhibition in the Annual H. Paty Eiffe Invitational Series, titled, “Eye Wish,” Art Work by Linda Ganus.
- Saturday, October 18; Homecoming Game at Steel Field. Moravian College Greyhounds versus Franklin and Marshall Diplomats; kick-off at 1:00 p.m. Alumni may park and tailgate in the Locust Street Lot, just two blocks from the field. A shuttle will be available for transportation to the football field. Reunion classes also will have a designated tailgate area for meeting classmates. Tailgating will include Kidsfest, featuring games, crafts, a moon bounce, and clown. Reservations required to park in the tailgate area; however, some unreserved spaces should be available on a first come, first served basis. Other Saturday home athletic events include a Women ’s Soccer match at 12:30 p.m., followed by Men’s Soccer at 3 p.m.
- Saturday, October 18; 5th Quarter Reunion Party in the HUB Pavilion, 4 to 6 p.m. Reunion classes of ’83, ’88, ’93, ’98, ’03, and ’08 may attend. All Moravian College soccer alumni also are welcome at the 5th Quarter reunion party.
For more information, visit: www.moravian.edu/alumni.