Moravian Graduate Business Guide
Wednesday, May 7
|6:00 p.m.||REHEARSAL for the Commencement procession, UBC Room in the Haupert Union Building (HUB).
Academic gowns to be used in the Commencement exercises will be distributed after rehearsal. Gowns not picked up then will be available at the Comenius Center office, 1st Floor, Benigna Hall.
Saturday, May 10
|7:00 a.m.||CAP AND GOWN BUFFET BREAKFAST. Reservations required.
See details and register online.
|8:30 a.m.||CLASS PICTURE (meet on the steps of Reeves Library)|
Notes to Graduating Class
1) Your cap and gown [which are yours to keep] should have already been ordered. If they were not, call the College Bookstore (610 861-1485) immediately.
2) In the event of rain, the limited seating capacity in Johnston Hall will necessitate admission by rain passes for Commencement. You will receive 4 passes with your cap and gown. If you will not need all 4 of your passes, please offer your extras to a fellow graduate who needs them. There will be no other way for graduates to obtain extra passes. TV monitors will be set up in the HUB. The HUB will be a more comfortable environment for those with young children or whose health would be negatively impacted by the close, crowded conditions in Johnston Hall. No passes are required if Commencement is held outdoors or for TV viewing in the HUB. The announcement as to whether or not the ceremony will be held indoors will be made on Saturday by 6:30 a.m. The information will be posted on our website or you may call 610 625-7995 or 610 861-1300.
3) Detailed instructions about where to go and what to do during Commencement will be distributed at rehearsal. Please notify Ashley Koehler in the Comenius Center office, 610 861-1383, firstname.lastname@example.org if you will be unable to attend rehearsal.
4) Only those students who are certified as having satisfied all requirements for the degree (Graduate Academic Policies) are eligible to receive a diploma. If you have any questions in this regard, contact Dr. Lizabeth Kleintop, Associate Dean of Business and Management Programs, Comenius Center, Benigna Hall, Room 206: 610 625-7704; email@example.com.
5) Final transcripts will be distributed during rehearsal to graduates who have satisfied all obligations to the College, including payment of any outstanding charges and/or return of library books. Unless instructed otherwise, transcripts not picked up at rehearsal will be mailed to the student's home address.
6) If you have a guest whose physical disabilities will require special assistance on campus, please contact Campus Safety (610 861-1421). They will explain where to go and how to get there. There will be reserved seating for disabled guests on the HUB portico.
7) For help with problems or questions ask Ashley Koehler in the Comenius Center office, 610 861-1383, firstname.lastname@example.org.