Student Guide to Graduation Events
Saturday, April 26
|1:30 p.m.||DISTRIBUTION OF HONOR CORDS outside Prosser Auditorium.|
|2:00 p.m.||AWARDS CEREMONY FOR OUTSTANDING STUDENTS, Prosser Auditorium. The ceremony lasts approximately 45 minutes, followed by a Reception in the HUB.
1:15 p.m. Doors to Prosser Auditorium will open.
Wednesday, May 7 – Thursday, May 8
|For information regarding Senior Sendoff events, please see the commencement website www.moravian.edu/studentlife/commencement/seniorWeek.htm.|
Friday, May 9
|10:00 a.m.||COMMENCEMENT REHEARSAL Johnston Hall.
(Rehearsal will last approximately 1½ hours.)
|11:30 a.m.||SENIOR BRUNCH AND SLIDESHOW, Marketplace Café, for undergraduate students who have registered for Senior Sendoff events.|
BACCALAUREATE, Central Moravian Church.
Saturday, May 10
|7:00 a.m.||CAP AND GOWN BUFFET BREAKFAST. Reservations required.
See details and register online.
COMMENCEMENT, Quad behind HUB (rain location: Johnston Hall).
Notes to Graduating Class
1) Your cap and gown (which are yours to keep) may be picked up at the HUB Bookstore during the week of May 5. The Bookstore hours that week will be Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Prior measurements are not necessary. Bookstore personnel will distribute gowns based on height. If you have questions related to this matter, please call the Bookstore at 610 861-1485.
2) In the event of rain, the limited seating capacity in Johnston Hall will necessitate admission by rain passes for Commencement. You will receive 4 passes with your cap and gown. If you will not need all 4 of your passes, please offer your extras to a fellow graduate who needs them. There will be no other way for graduates to obtain extra passes. TV monitors will be set up in the HUB. The HUB will be a more comfortable environment for those with young children or whose health would be negatively impacted by the close, crowded conditions in Johnston Hall. No passes are required if Commencement is held outdoors or for TV viewing in the HUB. The announcement as to whether or not the ceremony will be held indoors will be made on Saturday by 6:30 a.m. The information will be posted on our website or you may call 610 625-7995 or 610 861-1300.
3) Detailed instructions about where to go and what to do during Baccalaureate and Commence-ment are available on-line: http://www.moravian.edu/studentlife/commencement/schedule.htm. Please notify Amy McHenry (610 861-1348 or firstname.lastname@example.org) if you will be unable to attend rehearsal.
5) Final transcripts will be distributed at rehearsal to graduates who have satisfied all obligations to the College, including payment of all outstanding charges and/or return of equipment and library books. Please bring photo ID with you to rehearsal to receive your transcript. If you cannot attend rehearsal, transcripts will be mailed to your home address.
6) If you have a guest whose physical disabilities will require special assistance on campus, please contact Campus Safety (610 861-1421). They will explain where to go and how to get there. Seating for disabled guests and 2 companions during commencement is on the HUB portico.
7) Honor Designations: By College policy, only those students who are certified as having satisfied all requirements for the degree (see Degree Requirements in the Educational Program section of the current catalog) are eligible to receive a diploma or to be announced as graduating with designations, such as:
1) Cum Laude: 3.50-3.64 GPA, Magna Cum Laude: 3.65-3.79 GPA, Summa Cum Laude: 3.80-4.00 GPA. These honors are listed in the Commencement program. There are no cords or medallions for these designations.
2) Honor Societies: Students will receive their honor cords at either the Awards Ceremony for Outstanding Students, their own honor society function, or with their cap and gown.
3) Honors: This is the designation for those who successfully complete an Honors project. Their names are listed in the program. There are no cords or medallions for this designation.
8) For help with problems or questions ask Amy McHenry, Academic Affairs office, Monocacy Hall, 610 861-1348, email@example.com.
Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in all of its programs and activities. If you need any type of accommodation or have questions about the physical access provided for any of the Commencement-related events, please contact campus safety 610-861-1421 or Amy McHenry 610-861-1348 at least one week prior to the event.