Academic & Accessibility Support Center
Disability Related Resources
To learn more about on-campus resources, websites, accessible web design and assistive technology, and mobile apps, click the links below.
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD):
- Mental Health America (MHA): - founded in 1909 - is the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans. Services include the following: prevention services for all; early identification and intervention for those at risk; integrated care, services, and supports for those who need it; with recovery as the goal.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Text for free support, or visit the website for resources on depression. Text NAMI to 741741 Note: Message and data rates may apply, depending on your plan and provider.
- National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- LostgotFound.org: Lost Got Found is dedicated to eliminating the negative stigma surrounding mental health. The organization exists to educate and inform students about mental illness and suicide prevention.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline Call for help if you are experiencing thoughts of suicide. All calls are confidential. 1-800-273-8255 suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- ULifeline This website has resources dedicated to mental health for college students, including how to help a friend who might be depressed. www.ulifeline.org
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America Find a support group for depression, including ones that are online or over the phone. https://adaa.org/supportgroups
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance Get information on depression, find online tools, and connect with support groups. www.dbsalliance.org
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Call the national helpline, or visit online to use the Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator. 1-800-662-HELP (4357)https://findtreatment.samhsa.gov/
- MentalHealth.gov Get access to helplines and resources, including mental health resources for veterans. https://www.mentalhealth.gov/
Accessible Web Design and Assistive Technology:
- 360 Thinking Time Tracker - $ - Track your schedule by creating time markers!
- Ava 24/7 Accessible Life - FREE - Captions conversations between multiple people and converts to text.
- BlindSquare - $$$ - Provides outdoor and indoor navigation for those with visual impairments.
- Bluefire Reader - FREE - Read, highlight, bookmark, and study eBooks with ease.
- Evernote - FREE - Capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Flashcards+ - FREE - Download flashcards or create your own!
- Ideament - FREE - Create mind maps, flow charts, etc and convert it to text outlines (and vice versa)!
- iStudiezPro Legend - $$ for Windows/Mac - Keep track of your schedule and course work!
- NaturalReader Pro - $$ - Text to Speech app for web pages, eBooks, and more.
- Proloquo2Go - $$$$ - Symbol based communication app for individuals who are nonverbal.
- Seeing AI - FREE - Recognizes short text, documents, products, and even people and converts to voice.
- SimpleNoise - $ - Use to stay focused while studying or doing homework.
- Stop, Breath, Think - FREE - Take a study break and unwind with this meditation app.