Sometimes extended absences are unavoidable. If you have missed two (2) consecutive class days, you should report your absence. An extended absence is defined as missing two (2) or more consecutive classes. For example, missing ECON 236 which meets on Mondays and Wednesdays or ENGL 102 which meets on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
To report an absence of more than two 2 consecutive class days due to illness, injury, death of an immediate family member, or unavoidable emergencies, please complete the online Absence Report Form on AMOS. You must log into AMOS using your network credentials before you can access the form.
You will have the opportunity while you are completing the form to submit any documentation that supports your absence. Valid documentation may include but is not limited to the following:
- A note from your physician, the Health Center, athletic trainers, or any other medical facility.
- Hospital discharge paperwork.
- An online link to an obituary.
- Funeral documentation such as a funeral card or program.
You can use your smartphone or iPad to take a picture of the document page(s) if you do not have access to a scanner. Below are instructions on how to scan documents using the Notes app on your iPad/iPhone:
- Open a new note.
- Tap the create a note icon in the lower right-hand corner.
- Tap on the camera icon.
- Tap on Scan Documents.
- Place your document in front of the camera.
- Use the shutter button or one of the volume buttons to capture the scan.
- If needed, adjust the corners of the scan by dragging the circles, then tap Keep Scan.
- Tap Save when finished scanning or continue to add more pages.
For your protection, we do not accept emails or email attachments containing personally identifiable information. You may submit your documentation using one of the following methods:
- Upload electronically via XMedius SendSecure, our secure file upload portal.
- Send via secure fax to 610-625-7877.
- Mail to: Moravian College, Accessibility Services Center, 1200 Main Street, Bethlehem, PA 18018.
- Drop off on the first floor of Monocacy Hall.
In most cases, even though you may report your absence to the Accessibility Services Center, only your professor can excuse your absence. You should read the attendance requirement and make-up policies on each course syllabus.
It is your responsibility to communicate with each professor via email to see if your absence is excused, ask if you may submit any missed work or make-up quizzes and/or exams, and ask your professor(s) what you can do to remain current with your studies while you are absent.
If your absence causes you to fall behind and you would like to create a plan to catch up, contact the Director of Academic Support, Dr. Monica Jacobe, to schedule an academic planning meeting. For more information about the Academic Planning meeting, click here.