Learn more about on-campus resources, websites, accessible web design and assistive technology, and mobile apps.
- Accessibility Services Center
- Moravian University Non-discrimination Statement
- Section 504/Americans with Disabilities Act Grievance
- Sodexo Dining Services website
- Sodexo Dining Services Allergy and Dietary Concerns Information (PDF)
- Student Handbook
- Title IX
- Esight: Changing the world for people with low vision
- Protective Gear for Service Dogs:
- Scholarships and Aid for Students with Disabilities
- Students with Disabilities Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- Students with Diabetes
- Delta Alpha Pi: DAPi is an international honor society that recognizes students with disabilities for their academic accomplishments.
- Association on Higher Education and Disability (AHEAD)
- Equal Access: Universal Design of an Academic Department
- American Council of the Blind
- Center for Applied Special Technology
- Handspeak: Sign language resources and materials.
- International Dyslexia Organization
- Mattress/Bedding for People with Disabilities
- National Center for Learning Disabilities
- National Center on Secondary Education and Transition
- National Deaf Center on Postsecondary Outcomes
- National Federation of the Blind
- New Jersey Resident Disability Parking Placard
- Pennsylvania Resident Disability Parking Placard
- Pennsylvania Resident Temporary Parking Placard
- Project DO-IT: "Promoting inclusion and success for people with disabilities."
Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Attention-Deficit Disorder Association
- Children and Adults with Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder
- National Institute of Mental Health ADHD
- National Resource Center on ADHD
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America: Find a support group for depression, including ones that are online or over the phone.
- Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance: Find information on depression, online tools, and connect with support groups.
- Mental Health America (MHA): Founded in 1909, MHA is the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and promoting all Americans' overall mental health. Services include the following: prevention services for all; early identification and intervention for those at risk; integrated care, services, and supports for those who need it; with recovery as the goal.
- MentalHealth.gov: Get access to helplines and resources, including mental health resources for veterans.
- National Alliance on Mental Illness: Text for free support or visit the website for resources on depression. Text NAMI to 741741. Note: Message and data rates may apply, depending on your plan and provider.
- National Federation of Families for Children's Mental Health
- National Institute of Mental Health
- LostgotFound.org: Lost Got Found works to eliminate the negative stigma surrounding mental health. The organization exists to educate and inform students about mental illness and suicide prevention.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: Call for help (1-800-273-8255) if you are experiencing thoughts of suicide. All calls are confidential.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration: Call the national helpline at 1-800-662-HELP (4357), or visit online to use the Behavioral Health Treatment Services Locator.
- ULifeline: This website has resources dedicated to mental health for college students, including how to help a friend who might be depressed.
Accessible Web Design and Assistive Technology:
- Ava 24/7 Accessible Life: FREE - Captions conversations between multiple people and converts to text.
- BlindSquare: $$$ - Provides outdoor and indoor navigation for those with visual impairments.
- Bluefire Reader: FREE - Read, highlight, bookmark, and study eBooks with ease.
- Evernote: FREE - Capture and prioritize ideas, projects, and to-do lists, so nothing falls through the cracks.
- Flashcards+: FREE - Download flashcards or create your own!
- iStudiezPro Legend: $$ for Windows/Mac - Keep track of schedules and course work!
- Proloquo2Go: $$$$ - Symbol-based communication app for individuals who are nonverbal.
- Seeing AI: FREE - Recognizes short text, documents, products, and even people and converts to voice.
- SimplyNoise: Use to stay focused while studying or doing homework.
- Stop, Breathe, Think: FREE - Take a study break and unwind with this meditation app.
- Apps for making the best use of your time:
- 360 Thinking Time Tracker: Track schedules by creating time markers to get ready to work, check-in during work, and mark when the job ends.
- Anti Social: Control which social media sites to block while studying.
- Focus Keeper: It's all about focusing work efforts into timed 25-minute chunks, with a 5-minute break in between each burst of activity.
- Freedom: Blocks distractions on iPad and iPhone allow students to focus on what matters most.
- SelfControl: Temporarily disconnect from social networks.
Moravian University or the ASC does not endorse any of the resources listed on this page.