Beginning the Process
Moravian University’s Accessibility Services Center (ASC) serves students with disabilities. Moravian University adheres to Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act of 2008 in ensuring accessibility of its programs and services. We welcome all students with disabilities to Moravian University and Moravian Theological Seminary.
The ASC staff provides reasonable accommodations and accessibility for students with disabilities enrolled in the University and Seminary. The center also serves as a resource for other University departments regarding disability support.
We value a collaborative, interactive process as we work with students to establish services. The ASC staff will work with students individually to determine reasonable accommodations that facilitate learning, living, and other experiences on campus. The information the student provides is an essential component in the determination of reasonable accommodations and services. ASC staff determine approved accommodations after reviewing the student's request for support services, their past use of accommodations, and the likely impact of their disability on their educational experiences at Moravian University and Moravian Theological Seminary.
If you require access, contact the ASC by calling (610) 861-1401 or sending an email to email@example.com.
Remote Learning Information
When faculty members present courses in different modalities, below are some things to keep in mind:
- There will be no in-person proctoring in the ASC.
- We encourage students to contact their professors to discuss their accommodations and the administration of exams.
2. CLASSROOM ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Please communicate with your professor(s) and discuss your accommodations with them.
- In most cases, technology often helps with accommodation needs, but each individual’s needs may differ.
- If you run into any concerns or you and the professor(s) are not sure how to move forward, communicate with our office to add guidance.
3. NOTE-TAKING ACCOMMODATIONS:
- Students should take notes for each class regardless of their modality.
- All undergraduate students have access to Notability on their iPads and can use this application to take notes in all of their classes. The Help Desk has pushed this application to every iPad. If you do not see the application on your iPad, please contact the Help Desk by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org as your device may need to be re-enrolled in the management system. Appointments are Required When Visiting the Moravian IT Help Desk. If you require in-person IT support, please use the following link to schedule an appointment. This is to ensure that IT professionals are available to assist with any IT issues. Click to schedule an appointment with the IT Help Desk.
4. COACHING/INTAKE APPOINTMENTS:
- All appointments are on Zoom.
- To schedule an appointment, contact our office by sending an email to email@example.com.
When sending emails to the staff, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.