Job Searching & COVID-19
Employers are still hiring and recruiting is now virtual. Be sure to log into Handshake to search for and apply to available opportunities. Remember, some industries are experiencing more of an influx than others. It’s important to be patient and allow time for recruiters to adjust to disruption in their work environment.
Job Search Resources
Keep in mind, some jobs have gone virtual and other offers may be postponed or delayed. Even if your plans have shifted, there are still many ways to keep moving forward. Below are a few options to consider….
- Think about in-demand industries like manufacturing/supply chain, healthcare and technology. Don’t forget, your MC education has prepared you to succeed in a world of change! Schedule a time to talk with a Center staff member to discuss options and search strategies (email email@example.com).
- Complete an internship, freelance project or micro internship. Check out Parker Dewey for more information on micro internships.
- Create a profile on Talent Exchange as another resource to use during your job search. Using Moravian’s unique login credentials, the resource’s AI technology can understand your unique skill set and match you to relevant jobs. Get Started here.
- Work part time or consider temporary work. Although it may not be your dream job, getting yourself in the game shows future employers your initiative. Many opportunities in lab environments, food retail and manufacturing have increased employee compensation rates and are actively recruiting.
- Build skills and make a difference through volunteering. Learn more about how to make a difference from a distance here.
- Build your knowledge or learn a new skill virtually. Some options to think about include...
- Expand your network through informational interviews and alumni outreach. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Protecting your profession during COVID 19
- Tips for working in a new industry
- Starting a new job remotely
NOTE: The Center for Career and Civic Engagement is available to students and alumni via virtual appointments (i.e. Zoom, phone, email, Google Hangouts) Monday-Friday 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m. If you have questions or if you would like to schedule a virtual appointment, please email email@example.com.