Severe Weather Commencement Plan 2020
If we need to enact our severe weather plan, the announcement will be posted on Friday, May 8 by 5:00 p.m. on the College’s website, and also communicated via campus email.
In the event of severe weather, Commencement exercises will be held in the Briedegam Field House (also known as the ARC). Graduates will receive three (3) severe weather tickets for guests to attend the ceremony in the ARC. Other guests may view the event in overflow seating in Johnston Hall. If more tickets are needed, students may ask fellow graduates for any unused tickets. Please note that balloons are not allowed in either the Breidegam Field House or Johnston Hall.
- 8:30 a.m. Doors to the ARC and Johnston Hall will open.
- 9:00 a.m. Graduates report to the ARC for robing and procession line-up.
- Graduates have designated meeting areas according to degree. Click here to see where you should report.
- 9:40 a.m. Processional will begin.
- 10:00 a.m. Commencement ceremony begins.
- Reception to follow immediately after in the Sally Breidegam Miksiewicz Center for Health Sciences atrium.
ADA Drop-off for Severe Weather Plan only:
For mobility impaired guests that have severe weather tickets for the ARC, there is drop-off available in Parking Lot H accessible from Elizabeth Ave. See campus map here. Please note Lot H is drop-off only, no parking is available there.
For mobility impaired guests that will be watching in the overflow seating in Johnston Hall, there is drop-off available in Parking Lot F accessible from Elizabeth Ave. See campus map here. There will a number of spaces available for handicapped parking in Lot F. Campus police will be on site to assist.
All campus parking lots except F and H will be open and available for general parking. Please note that West Locust St. will be closed to vehicular traffic. See campus map here.