Once a student receives approved access accommodations from the Accessibility Services Center (ASC), they are responsible for promptly requesting accommodations or services.
If they receive approved academic accommodations, the ASC will send an email a few weeks before the new semester with instructions on how to submit a semester request. This semester request initiates the process of sending letters of accommodations to their professors.
- It is in the student's best interest to respond to emails sent by the ASC staff promptly.
- Accommodations are not active unless the student submits a semester request.
- While creating a semester request, students can select specific classes that should receive a letter of accommodation.
- Accommodation letters verify that the student has registered with the ASC, and it specifies the accommodations the student is eligible to receive.
- The letter only states that you are working with the ASC and does not disclose the student's disability.
- Accommodations are not retroactive.
- Students may log in to Accommodate at any time and have access to their letters within the student's portal.
- Students should actively communicate with their professors about their accommodations.
- It is the student's responsibility to understand and follow established procedures for using their accommodations.
If you are unsure about the procedures or need additional information, please contact the ASC staff by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (610) 861-1401.