Disability records are confidential, maintained in the Accessibility Services Center (ASC), and will not be included in the students' educational records.
Please note the following:
- The ASC is responsible for collecting and maintaining documentation related to a student’s request for accommodations.
- With the student's permission, the ASC may disclose disability-related information on a limited, need-to-know basis to provide accommodations and services.
- All documents submitted to the ASC are maintained on a secure server that does not share information with other databases throughout the university (e.g., Accommodate, Jenzabar, Momentum, Maxient, etc.).
- Access to the secure server is limited to authorized ASC personnel only.
- Once a student no longer has contact with the ASC (e.g., graduates, leaves the University, etc.), the ASC securely stores the student's files for six years and then destroys them.
If you have any questions regarding the maintenance of records or confidentiality of records, please contact the ASC by sending an email to email@example.com or calling (610) 861-1401.