What are disability-related housing accommodations?
The Accessibility Services Center can work with you to identify housing options to address your disability-specific needs. The definition of a disability is a condition that substantially impacts one or more major life functions (such as walking, breathing, learning, hearing, thinking, etc.).
Examples of disability-related housing accommodations:
- A wheelchair accessible room
- A ground floor room, or a room near an elevator
- Access to a private bathroom or a low-use shared bathroom
- Strobe alarms in the room
- Air conditioning in the room
Requesting Disability-Related Housing Accommodations
Follow the steps to register with our office (Links to an external site.) (or, if you are already registered with our office, complete a supplemental request)
To help the registration process move along, we ask that you submit supporting documentation or information as soon as possible: