It's Time to Take Action
Pursue initial licensure to earn a graduate degree through our innovative inquiry-based Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program. Already certified? The Master of Education (M.Ed.) program in curriculum and instruction is designed to accommodate practicing K-12 teachers and is immediately applicable to the classroom. Why choose Moravian College?
- Action research allows you to take control over your own professional development by making your practice an object of study.
- You can schedule courses to fit your lifestyle with on-campus, on-line, and blended course options.
- You can earn advanced certification as an ESL program specialist, reading specialist, principal, supervisor of curriculum and instruction, special educator, or online endorsement.
- Tuition is surprisingly affordable and is priced at or below the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education rate.
Take a Look: Summer 2018
The first Graduate Education summer session begins the week of May 14 and ends the week of June 25, 2018. Classes meet twice weekly from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., except where noted, as follows:
- 508 Teacher as Evaluator Ziegenfuss T, Th
- 618 Effective Inclusionary Practices Kahn M, W
- 642 Arts Education for Social Change Torok Online
- 670 Language Acquisition and Development DesJardin M, W
- 690 Special Topic: Education and the Social Conscience Torok M, W
- 713 Facilitating School Improvement Grove T, Th
- 723 Organizational Leadership Grove T, Th
The Graduate Education summer intersession course will meet Mondays through Fridays 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m., as follows:
- 674 The ESL Specialist (6/11 to 7/6) Sillivan
The second Graduate Education summer session begins the week of July 9 and ends the week of August 6, 2018. All classes (except online and hybrid) meet Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to noon:
- 600 Best Practices in Online Teaching Fuini-Hetten Online
- 629 The Literacy Specialist Donegan
- 672 ESL Learner, Family and Community Colon
- 701 Writing a Review of Educational Research J. Kahn Hybrid
A Look Ahead: Fall 2018
The fall session begins in August and ends in December. All classes (except online and hybrid) meet weekly from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.:
- 500 Teacher as Inquirer Ziegenfuss Th
- 601 Online Teacher as Instructional Designer Fuini-Hetten Online
- 617 Special Education: Identification & Effective Intervention Modjadidi T
- 622 School Law & Professional Ethics Grove Th
- 624 Educating Students with Disabilities & Exceptionalities Hogan W
- 627 Comprehensive Literacy Practices for Grades 4-8 Wen T
- 655 Standards-Based Curriculum Design Grove Th
- 673 ESL Assessment & Support Correll W
- 702 Reflective Practice Seminar Shosh M
- 714 Supervisory Practicum I Villani Th
- 724 Principal Practicum I Villani Th
Please note that schedule and faculty are subject to change.