It's Time to Take Action
Pursue initial licensure to earn a graduate degree through our innovative inquiry-based Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) program. Already certified? The Master of Education (M.Ed.) program in curriculum and instruction is designed to accommodate practicing K-12 teachers and is immediately applicable to the classroom. Why choose Moravian College?
- Action research allows you to take control over your own professional development by making your practice an object of study.
- You can schedule courses to fit your lifestyle with on-campus, on-line, and blended course options.
- You can earn advanced certification as an ESL program specialist, reading specialist, principal, supervisor of curriculum and instruction, special educator, or online endorsement.
- Tuition is surprisingly affordable and is priced at or below the Pennsylvania State System of Higher Education rate.
Take a Look: Spring 2018
The spring session begins the week of January 22 and ends the week of April 30, 2018. Classes meet weekly from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., except where noted:
- 506 Teacher as Researcher Shosh M
- 602 Online Teaching for the Online Learner Fuini-Hetten Online
- 603 Online Endorsement Capstone Fuini-Hetten Online
- 618 Effective Inclusionary Practices Kahn T
- 660 Literacy and Resistance in Secondary Schools Conard Th
- 667 Teacher Supervision and Evaluation Resende Th
- 671 ESL Curriculum and Instruction Correll W
- 700 Curriculum Development and Action Research Gleason T
- 704-5 A Action Research Thesis Shosh T
- 704-5 B Action Research Thesis Grove T
- 704-5 C Action Research Thesis Dilendik T
- 715 Supervisory Practicum II Villani Th
- 725 Principal Practicum II Villani Th
Planning Ahead: Summer 2018
The first Graduate Education summer session begins the week of May 14 and ends the week of June 25, 2018. Classes meet twice weekly from 4:00 to 7:00 p.m., except where noted, as follows:
- 508 Teacher as Evaluator Ziegenfuss T, Th
- 623 Special Education Processed and Procedures Kahn M, W
- 670 Language Acquisition and Development DesJardin M, W
- 69X Special Topic: Education and the Social Conscience Torok, M, W
- 713 Facilitating School Improvement Grove T, Th
- 723 Organizational Leadership Grove, T, Th
The Graduate Education summer intersession course will meet Mondays through Fridays 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m., as follows:
- The ESL Specialist (6/11 to 7/6) Sillivan
The second Graduate Education summer session begins the week of July 9 and ends the week of August 6, 2018. All classes (except online and hybrid) meet Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9:00 a.m. to noon:
- 600 Best Practices in Online Teaching Fuini-Hetten Online
- 629 The Literacy Specialist Conard
- 642 Arts Education for Social Change Torok Online
- 672 ESL Learner, Family and Community Modjadidi
- 701 Writing a Review of Educational Research Gleason Hybrid