- Addiction Center: 1-800-586-9670
A Comprehensive Addiction HUB, not a treatment center, but a network guide.
- Addiction Guide
- Ambrosia Treatment Center: Hope Tracker
For anyone who loves someone struggling with addiction, there is hope.
- All Treatment: Teen Addiction Treatment Centers
This site will give you information on emergency contraception, also known as the morning after pill.
This site describe in detail and with pictures how to determine if a mole is something to worry about. Melanoma, a deadly skin cancer is increasing in the college aged population. Learn how to prevent it, and how to detect it early.
Testicular Cancer & Testicular Self-Exam
This site will explain the importance and technique of self testicular exam.
From the American Institute of Preventive Medicine, this site reviews signs and symptoms of testicular cancer and how to do a self testicular exam.
The Comprehensive Guide to Sleep Deprivation: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- 4 Research-Backed Ways Lifting Weights and Eating Right Improve Mental Health
Mayo Clinic Health
Search the extensive library for articles pertaining to most important health issues. Also on this site is a weekly Q&A, with such questions as " Aluminum cookware - Is it safe?"
- The Merck Manual
Now available free on the Internet, a manual of medical terminology and definitions.
The Yahoo of medical directories.
- Dr. Koop's Community
Quality medical information from the former Surgeon General.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Better known for containing the outbreak of dangerous diseases, the CDC in addition have developed an informative website containing info. on travelers' health and health issues in the news.
- The American Heart Association
Dedicated to providing you with education and information on fighting heart disease and stroke.
- The National Institutes of Health
The government agency which allocates money to hospitals and health research centers.
- Society for Adolescent Medicine
- American Cancer Society
- National Library of Medicine
- Immunizations Action Coalition
- Women's Health
- Agency for Health Care Policy Research/Clinical Practice Guidelines
- Association of American Medical Colleges
- Food and Drug Administration
- Health Information Management Society
- World Health Organization