MORAVIAN COLLEGE FACULTY POSTING
assistant Professor of Practice - Management/ Marketing
- Full-time non-tenure track position
- Beginning Fall Term 2019
- Ph.D or other relevant doctoral degree preferred (ABD considered): Advanced MBA considered
- This position is contingent on budget approval
This position is eligible for full benefits.
The Department of Economics and Business at Moravian College, globally accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs, invites applications for a full-time Assistant Professor of Practice in Management/Marketing. A Ph.D. (or other relevant doctoral degree) is preferred, but advanced ABDs will be considered. The primary fields of teaching responsibility will include courses in marketing and management. Desirable fields of teaching will be in the following areas: international marketing, consumer behavior, analytics, research methods, and strategic marketing in the undergraduate and graduate program(s).
A qualified candidate must have a genuine desire to teach Marketing, fully participate in a liberal arts environment, and demonstrate:
- authentic leadership and motivation
- desire to teach and develop courses in marketing and management
- ability to mentor learners
- ability to work ethically and effectively, as part of a collegial and collaborative team
- ability to model the intersection of theory and practice in marketing and to publish in practitioner journals
- willingness to embrace and promote liberal arts learning
- ability to deal effectively with individual differences in ability, personality, and interests
- commitment to assessment and advising
- high emotional intelligence
- effective communicator to various audiences
- a strong commitment to teaching excellence
- a desire to participate in service including academic and co-curricular advising
Applicants should be willing to teach at the undergraduate (introductory through advanced levels) and graduate level. The standard teaching load is three courses (or equivalent) per semester. Assistant Professors of practice are full-time, non-tenure eligible faculty. This appointment is for a three-year term, renewable.
TO APPLY: Qualified candidates should send a curriculum vitae, letter of interest, graduate transcript(s), evidence of teaching effectiveness and three letters of recommendation to Dr. Kaskowitz at SearchMGMT@moravian.edu. Please send all electronic documentation in one, single PDF file. An incomplete application file will not be considered.
The position will remain open until the most qualified candidate is identified.
Founded in 1742, Moravian College is the sixth-oldest college in the country. Moravian is a private coeducational liberal arts college that is located in historic Bethlehem, in the heart of Pennsylvania’s Lehigh Valley. Moravian is composed of a traditional undergraduate program, graduate, professional, and adult completion programs, and Moravian Theological Seminary.
Moravian College is committed to enhancing the diversity of our community, recognizing that to provide a diverse learning environment is to prepare students for personal and professional success in an increasingly multicultural and global society. The College community understands that it shares a responsibility for generating and preserving a learning environment where difference is valued, and inclusiveness and social justice are practiced.
The College encourages individuals from under-represented populations to apply. EOE