Song & Stage Workshop
Cancelled - Please check back in 2024
- A vocalist in 9th-12th grade?
- Singing in your school's musical production or chorus?
- Singing in a choir?
- Motivated to learn from the best?
- Dreaming to sing your whole life long?
THEN THE MORAVIAN UMIVERSITY SONG & STAGE WORKSHOP IS FOR YOU
|Dates||July 26-28, 2023|
|Program Fees:||$350 (includes private lessons)|
|Registration & Deadline:||Please submit registration form with $50 deposit (non-refundable)|
|Payment In Full Due:||Friday, July 14, 2023|
|Concert Date:||Friday, July 28, 2023, 7:00 pm|
Song & Stage Workshop Description
The MUMI Song & Stage Workshop for vocalists is open to students entering grades 9-12 in the fall of 2023. The camp is open to interested students of all levels, with possibilities of taking lessons and singing in small ensembles for jazz, Broadway or classical. All campers will sing in an ensemble, which will also include performing pieces in a variety of styles.
- To provide opportunities for students to participate in a choir, singing music from a variety of genres.
- To provide classes in theory and musicianship that will support the student’s development as a performer. Additional electives will include early music, opera, the human voice, and movement.
- To give students the opportunity to work in small ensembles, focusing on jazz, Broadway or classical music.
- To enable the students to work with one of our vocal teachers on general technique or on a specific piece in preparation for auditions.
- Participation in small ensembles (jazz, Broadway, classical) and choir
- Theory and Musicianship
- Electives in history of opera, technology, the human voice, Dalcroze and movement, and early music
- Private lessons
Lesson, Coaching and Audition Recording Elective
Students will receive private voice lessons with a member of our vocal faculty and prepare a song for our Friday night concert. The concert will be recorded and a copy of the recording will be available after the camp.
This workshop begins on Wednesday morning at 9:00 am with an organizational meeting that transitions quickly into the first full day of classes. The typical day runs from 9:00-4:00 with an hour long break for lunch. The students will play in a final, capstone performance on Friday July 28th at 7:00 in Foy Concert Hall, admission is free.
Participation in the camp includes lunch daily. Participants will eat meals in Clewell Dining Hall, Wednesday through Friday
Registration and Fees
- The fee for the workshop is $350.00 per student, which includes private lessons, instruction, participation in ensembles and lunch.
- You can register by completing the Song & Stage Workshop Registration Form
- For more information contact the Music Institute 610.861.1650 (voice), 610-861-1657 (FAX), or email@example.com
Because our standards for achievement are high, we accept highly motivated students who will enjoy the classes as well as the cultural activities. It is, therefore, important to know that failure to comply with regulations will be grounds for immediate dismissal from the program. Parents and/or guardians will be contacted as soon as any unsatisfactory behavior is recognized. No refunds will be issued if you are dismissed for behavioral issues.
The Song & Stage Workshop faculty will consist of Moravian University Music Department teaching faculty.
- Dr. Paula Zerkle, Musical Director
- Suzanne Kompass, Associate Professor of Practice and Artist in Residence
Moravian University Music Institute
Following the tradition of over 250 years of music in Bethlehem and located in the historic district, THE MORAVIAN UNIVERSITY MUSIC INSTITUTE (MUMI) encourages the art of music through study and performance at all levels for any student or member of the community. Offerings include private lessons, master classes, group ensembles and Suzuki education.
MUMI offers excellent year round concert programming to suit any musical taste.
For More Information on Classes or MUMI Events, call 610.861.1650 or email firstname.lastname@example.org