Delta Omicron (founded in 1909 at the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music) is the International Music Honors Fraternity at Moravian College. Moravian's Gamma Pi chapter (founded in 1995) welcomes second semester music majors and minors who evidence superior musicianship with at least a 3.0 music grade point average and at least a 2.0 overall grade point average. Members participate in numerous service projects, take part in community outreach events, and are very musically active. The music honors fraternity accepts new members every spring semester.
Delta Omicron exists at Moravian College primarily:
- to create and foster fellowship through music
- to give music students a chance to meet with each other, to share ideas, and to grow both collectively and as individuals
- to strengthen a devotion and loyalty to Moravian College
- to develop character and leadership
- to encourage high scholastic achievement and excellent performance in music
- to foster an appreciation of good music
- to manifest and encourage interest in young musicians entering the professional world
Delta Omicron also hosts several musical performances throughout the year, including Musicales and Delta Omicron Performance Classes, which showcase and feature the talents of its members.
- Website of Gamma Pi chapter of Delta Omicron
- Contact the Gamma Pi chapter of Delta Omicron at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can also view the Delta Omicron International Music Fraternity website