Dr. Leon Niemoczynski
Visiting Assistant Professor of Philosophy
Office phone: 610-625-7858
Office location: Reeves 313
B.A., East Stroudsburg University
M.A., West Chester University
Ph.D., Southern Illinois University Carbondale
Areas of Research and/or Expertise
Continental Philosophy, American Philosophy, Philosophy of Nature, Speculative Philosophy, Philosophical Ecology, Logic, Philosophy of Religion, Animal Ethics
Currently, Dr. Niemoczynski's research focuses on philosophies of nature in the Continental philosophical tradition. Philosophers most relevant to his research include Plato, Hegel, Kant, Fichte, Schelling, Deleuze, and Merleau-Ponty.
- Speculative Naturalism (forthcoming 2018), Speculative Realism (Kismet Press, 2016), Animal Experience: Consciousness and Emotions in the Natural World (Open Humanities Press, 2014), A Philosophy of Sacred Nature: Prospects for Ecstatic Naturalism (Lexington Books, 2014),Charles Sanders Peirce and a Religious Metaphysics of Nature (Lexington Books, 2011).
- Articles in Process Studies, The American Journal of Theology and Philosophy, Journal for the Study of Religion, Nature and Culture (formerly Ecotheology). The Review of Metaphysics, PLI, Cosmos & History: The Journal of Natural and Social Philosophy, Spontaneous Generations: A Journal for the History and Philosophy of Science, Topos: The European Humanities Journal, The Reasoner, Essays in Philosophy.
- Numerous book reviews, interviews, and conference proceedings.
- Introduction to Philosophy
- Ancient Philosophy
- Animal Ethics
- Continental Philosophy
- Existential Philosophy
- Ethics Bowl Coach
- Environmental Philosophy
- Philosophies of Art & Beauty
- Meaning of Life (First Year Writing Seminar)