New Student Housing Assignment Process
New students, including first-year and transfer, are assigned to housing based on date of enrollment deposit and date housing preferences are submitted, additionally:
- Transfer students should communicate housing preferences to the Executive Director of Transfer Enrollment, who will work directly with the Office of Housing on housing placements.
- Resident students who have a diagnosed disability or condition that can significantly impact housing placement and/or their residential meal plan requirement should contact the Accessibility Services Center at ASC@moravian.edu.
Given the new options outlined below, the deadline for the Student Life Questionnaire has been extended to Monday, June 29 (formerly Friday, June 19).
Needless to say, the pandemic has caused a number of questions. Moravian College is striving to provide a safe, secure, and supportive environment for our students. Many members of our community have inquired about what student housing will look like. We want to understand your preferences around the residential experience.
Moravian College commits to our students and their families that our dining services, facilities (regarding cleaning and sanitizing), and student life staff will meet the essential needs of our residential community. This remains, as always, a TOP PRIORITY!
Residential students may now specify on the Student Life Questionnaire if they would like to be housed in a double or single room. Regardless of your choice, please understand the following:
- All students (resident and commuter) will need to self-quarantine and follow appropriate protocols for 14 days if a close contact tests positive for COVID-19. That means not attending classes in person and staying home (or in your residence hall room) during that time. Residents in a double room will be in self-quarantine with their roommate if either resident is a close contact with a person that tests positive for COVID-19. Students will not be relocated if their roommate needs to self-quarantine. All dining needs will be met for students in quarantine housing.
- Any residential students who test positive for COVID-19 will be relocated to isolation housing. Again, all dining, medical, and other needs will be met for students in isolation housing. We will work with local health officials and the St. Luke’s University Health Network experts to understand how to determine if/when a resident might need hospitalization.
Commuter Students may choose to remain a commuter or decide to live on campus. In the President’s May 28 message it was noted that the Governor’s Office discourages students traveling back and forth from their homes and local communities unless absolutely necessary for academic purposes. In March, when we transitioned to remote learning, some commuters reached out seeking on-campus housing, which we were able to provide and continue to be able to provide to students feeling this is the safest and best option.
Need to update your preferences?
- Currently a resident and want to be a commuter? Connect with Admissions.
- Currently a commuter and want to be a resident? Connect with Admissions and then complete the Student Life Questionnaire.
- Interested in a single residence hall room? Resubmit your Student Life Questionnaire.
If you are considering a change of status (resident to commuter, commuter to resident), we encourage you to consult with Financial Aid Services to understand the potential impact on your financial aid package.
There is no additional charge for a single room. Room and board costs are available at here.
Prior to COVID-19, Moravian College planned to provide Super Single room options to first-year students. As we have expanded our room type options to students to select a double or single, we will not be offering Super Singles at this time. Students that selected Super Singles as their housing preference have been updated to reflect a standard single or double in the residence hall. Students are welcome to adjust their housing preferences.
Students may now use the Meal Plan Selection Portlet to select their meal plan for the fall semester. Adjustments will be automatically reflected on student accounts.
Our hope is to finalize fall room assignments by Monday, July 20. Students will be emailed when they can view their updated status and/or housing assignment on AMOS.
Like many things in our world right now, we do not have all the answers. But, we are working diligently and are committed to developing plans that meet our community’s and our students’ needs.