Skip to main content
Moravian College
Residence Life and Housing

Student Housing COVID FAQs

Can I change my residency status for the spring semester?

The Residence Hall Contract is an academic year agreement. Moravian College is extremely proud to have provided our students with an in-person residential experience for the fall 2020 semester. Our community has demonstrated their profound commitment to safety and cooperation in the environment surrounding COVID 19. 

Between June 8, 2020 and September 4, 2020, residents were permitted to change status to commuter or distant learner, as well as request a single room, no questions asked. At this time, residential students seeking a change may submit a Change of Status Appeal Form for extenuating financial or medical circumstances. Requests that do not meet these circumstances will not be approved per the Residence Hall Contract students signed for the academic year. 

If I chose not to live in housing for the fall, how do I register for housing for the spring semester?

We welcome full-time students to housing at any point, as space permits. This can occur during the semester or at the start of a new semester. Students who changed status over the summer will receive information prior to Winter Break to communicate their spring plans. Students can also email with their specific housing preferences and needs. 

Is housing guaranteed for the spring semester? 

Moravian College guarantees housing to full-time undergraduate students for four years. 

Can I quarantine on campus prior to the start of the spring semester? 

The Pennsylvania Department of Health recommends that individuals who have traveled, or plan to travel, to an area where there are high amounts of COVID-19 cases, quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Pennsylvania. The current list of states is available here.

If a resident is traveling from one of these states or is currently in one of these states, they may quarantine on campus in their residence hall prior to the start of the semester. Contact to request to quarantine on campus in January.

My roommate has left our space. Will I be assigned a new roommate?

The Office of Housing will provide the remaining resident an opportunity to pull in a new roommate. 

If the current resident does not identify a new roommate, one may be assigned to the space at any time during the semester. The space would also be available for students to select during Move Week in February.

Furniture will not be removed from residence hall rooms with one occupant. 

Can I move into a single room? 

Residents are welcome to connect with the Office of Housing at to discuss room change options. Residents may select a standard single room based on availability.

What phase will the residence halls begin for the spring semester? 

The residence halls will begin in Phase A of the COVID Residence Hall Expectations.

Are visitors permitted in my residence hall room?

Residence hall visitation and access is outlined in the COVID Residence Hall Expectations

Are residents permitted to leave campus? 

A resident's ability to leave campus is not restricted. All individuals should try to limit their contacts. Residents should be mindful of coming and going, as well as limit this activity, as much as possible.

Will I receive a refund if I am not able to live on campus?

Refunds of room charges will not be made once classes begin. If, however, the College is unable to open the residence halls and student dining venues before classes begin, all room and board fees will be returned to the student. Once classes have started, it is possible that, for the health and safety of the faculty, staff and students, the College may decide, or is required to close the residence halls, requiring students to vacate the campus prior to the end of semester. In this circumstance, while room contracts are non-refundable, the college will provide some form of financial relief to all students who have unused portions of their room and board plans.   Financial relief will only be provided to those whose student account is in good standing.