Prior Learning Assessment
Do you have professional experience in your field that could apply toward a degree? Moravian College offers Prior Learning Assessment, a unique program that turns your relevant work and real-world experience into usable credits, so you can earn your degree that much faster. Talk to an SEM about how to earn credit for this experience.
Grad school is all about igniting your passions and rediscovering your love for learning—until you get the bill. But it doesn't have to be that way. We're here to tell you paying for graduate school doesn't need to come with a pit in your stomach. Need some advice? Want to get set up? Your Student Experience Mentor is your resident expert on all things paying-for-grad-school. Go ahead and click Let’s Talk to get in touch! We don't want anything—including money—to get in the way of your revolution.
Financial Aid Application Process
Students interested in financial aid should complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) at fafsa.gov
Which FAFSA application should I file?
|Expected Start Date||FAFSA||Taxes Needed|
|Summer 2018-Summer 2019||2018-2019 FAFSA||2016 Taxes|
|Summer 2019-Summer 2020||2019-2020 FAFSA||2017 Taxes|
For summer 2019 starts, file both years to maximize eligibility! Click here for more information on completing the FAFSA
Federal Unsubsidized/Subsidized Direct Loans
Federal Direct Graduate Plus Loans
After a graduate student has exhausted his/her loan eligibility, s/he may be eligible to borrow from the Federal Direct Grad PLUS Loan Program. Grad PLUS loans have an annual borrowing limit of up to the full cost of attendance minus other financial aid received. Unlike the Unsubsidized Loan Program, which does not rely on the borrower’s credit history in any way, an approved Grad PLUS borrower cannot have an adverse credit history (e.g., bankruptcy, foreclosure, repossession, tax lien, default, or current delinquency of 90 or more days on any debt).
Other supplemental student loans are available from private lenders for students who meet lender credit requirements.Students who need to supplement their Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loans with Grad PLUS or private loans are encouraged to explore all borrowing options with one of Moravian College’s expert financial aid counselors. We are here to help you!
Alternative loans can be a good option after federal loan eligibility is exhausted or to use for graduate certificate programs for which federal aid is currently not available. These loans are credit based, and a co-signer may be used. They have variable or fixed interest rate options. Students may select any lender they would like or may choose from Moravian’s recommended list of lenders. Click here for more information on private loans.
Degree Completion & Accelerated Nursing Students (at least half-time status)
|Loan||Student Eligibility||Interest Rate||Fees||Annual Borrowing Limit||Lifetime Borrowing Limit|
|Direct Subsidized Loan||Qualifying FAFSA Filers||5.05%||1.062%||$3,500-Freshman
|Direct Unsubsidized Loan||FAFSA Filers||5.05%||1.062%||$2,000 or $7,000
(includes any subsidized amounts)
|Alternative Loan||All Students||Varies||Varies||Up to full cost of attendance||none|
|Direct Parent Plus Loan||Dependent FAFSA Filers||7.6%||4.248%||Up to full cost of attendance||none|
Graduate Students (at least half-time status)
|Loan||Student Eligibility||Interest Rate||Fees||Annual Borrowing Limit*||Lifetime Borrowing Limit||Program Eligibility|
|Direct Unsubsidized Loan||FAFSA Filers||6.06%||1.062%||$20,500||$138,500||Degree seeking FAFSA Filers|
|Direct Graduate PLUS Loan||FAFSA Filers||7.6%||4.248%||Up to full cost of attendance||none||Degree Seeking FAFSA Filers|
|Alternative Loan||All Students||Varies||Varies||Up to full cost of attendance||none||All credit worthy applicants (Degrees & Certificates)|
This scholarship provides financial assistance to graduate students. Application deadline is August 1st, 2019. Applicants must:
- Be 17 years of age or older at the time of application
- Be legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or the District of Columbia
- Enrolled as a graduate student in accredited post-secondary institution of higher learning for the school year 2019-2020.
- Submit an online written response to the essay question "If you had $100,000 to spend, how would you use it to impact your community?" (250 words or less)
This endowed scholarship provides financial assistance to full- and part-time undergraduate and post-baccalaureate Graduate and Continuing Studies students who share an active commitment to the community and are willing to encourage others to pursue educational excellence.
- There are no restrictions on age, gender, or stage at which the student enters college.
- New or transfer students may be considered.
- Potential recipients must file the Windmill Scholarship Application with your Student Experience Mentor.
File the FAFSA to be considered for the Windmill Foundation Scholarship.
Available to undergraduate and post-baccalaureate women over the age of 25 who meet the following conditions:
- Academic career has been interrupted
- Demonstrate financial need
- Are degree or certificate candidates at Moravian College
- Have earned at least half the credits toward the degree or certificate
- This scholarship is not available to graduate students.
Potential recipients must file the Charlotte Newcombe Foundation Scholarship Application with your Student Experience Mentor. File the FAFSA for Charlotte Newcombe consideration.
MBA Endowed Scholarship
Selection is based on financial need, an application essay, and personal interview (if needed). The scholarship may be used to cover tuition, fees, and textbooks required by the course(s). Review of applications will be conducted on a rolling basis based upon funds available. You can apply to the MBA Endowed Scholarship here.
The MBA Scholarship Fund
Please contact Sean Rossi at 610-625-7742 for more information
- American Association of College of Nursing
- Northampton County Medical Society Alliance
- Nurse Corps Scholarship
- Can cover full tuition and fees for qualifying students
- Nursing Foundation of Pennsylvania (NFP)
- BSN Education
- Health Resources and Services Administration (various nursing scholarships)
- Nursing Faculty Loan Program
- Loan opportunity targeted to future nursing faculty offers up to 85% loan forgiveness within 4 years of full time work at a qualifying institution. Loan is available for full and part time enrollment. Repayment begins on the 15% after completion of the fourth year of qualifying employment.
- Pennsylvania Athletic Trainers Society
- Eastern Athletic Trainers Association
- National Athletic Trainers Association
Pennsylvania State Grants are awarded to full-time and part-time first baccalaureate degree candidates who demonstrate need. The deadline for this program is May 1, but we suggest transmitting your FAFSA by March 15. File the FAFSA and you'll be in great shape.
Paying for Graduate School
This plan is designed for students whose employers reimburse tuition but only at the conclusion of the course when a grade has been received. Simply file the ERPP 2018-19 Form with the Graduate and Continuing Studies Office with the $35 application fee. The fee is the responsibility of the student.
All payment plan activity occurs in the Student Accounts portal via your AMOS homepage (https://amos.moravian.edu). Students or authorized parent users may enroll in the "your account" section of the Student Account portal. There is a $35 enrollment fee for each semester. Options are available for fall, spring and summer plans.
Contact LaKeisha Thorpe for more information (610) 625-7716.
This is required for all students planning to attend any of Moravian graduate programs. Please complete and return to Moravian Graduate and Adult Enrollment.