Students' Rights and Responsibilities
Below are the students' rights and responsibilities:
- A student will submit a semester request that gives the Accessibility Services Center (ASC) permission to send their letters of accommodations to their professors. The ASC may notify their instructors listed on the current academic semester schedule of their reasonable disability accommodations.
- It is the student's responsibility to notify the ASC if they change their class schedule anytime after the registration period so that the ASC can send their accommodations to their new professors in the updated classes.
- The student agrees to the following communications regarding my accommodations:
- Communicate with my instructor(s) if I plan to use my approved accommodations in the classroom, lab, clinical setting, field trips, field experiences, etc. Although the ASC will notify my instructor(s) of my approved accommodations, I understand that I must communicate with my instructor(s) regarding the use of my accommodations.
- Communicate with my instructor(s) at least one week before the quiz or exam if I plan to use testing accommodations, as this is the only way I will know where to take my exam and the beginning and ending time of my exam. I understand that accommodations are not active until I have communicated with my instructor.
- If taking the exam in the ASC, I will log in to Accommodate and submit a New Booking Request using at least one week before the exam date.
- I will contact the ASC at least seven (7) days before each exam. In addition, I will communicate at least two (2) weeks before my exam for mid-terms and final exams. I understand that there may be an exception on a case-by-case basis. Further, I know that staff and space are limited in the ASC and will be flexible with the dates and times that I will take my exam(s).
- I will accept the calendar invitation that the ASC sends to me for the date and time of my exam.
- I will notify the ASC of any changes to my exam time or location as soon as I am aware of the change.
- If I receive approval for note-taking assistance or alternative text, I will explore all options presented to me by the ASC. After exploring the possibilities, I will give feedback regarding those options, and how those options work best for me.
- If I experience any difficulty or have questions about using my accommodations, I will contact the ASC to discuss my concerns by calling 610-861-1401 or sending an email to ASC@moravian.edu.