The Moravian University Accounting Club is a student chapter of the Institute of Management Accountants (IMA). The mission of the club is to provide students with opportunities to learn more about the accounting profession as well as to connect with other students, the professional community, and the community at large. Students participate in a variety of networking events, alumni and professional panel discussions, field trips, and service work. The year is ended with an awards ceremony where we honor current student leaders, alumni, and induct new members into the IMA Accounting Honor Society.
Amrhein Investment Club
The Amrhein Investment Club provides students with a hands-on learning experience in the field of investments. Members of the club manage four portfolios with an aggregate value of over $2.0 million. They meet weekly to discuss current holdings and to present ideas for future purchases or sales of stocks and bonds. The club competes in national competitions and also sponsors trips to the New York Stock Exchange and other financial venues. Anyone with an interest is welcome.
Moravian Business Leaders (MBL)
Moravian Business Leaders (MBL) exists to provide an environment whereby students interested in business and associated disciplines can engage in discovery and growth, both as individuals and as aspiring professionals. Information pertaining to the fields of economics and business is obtained through involvement in this organization, along with participation in activities and events to improve the health of the community at large.
Our mission is to prepare members for the requirements of business endeavors, while cultivating humanism, professionalism, and ethical behavior through the employment of rich instruction, valuable resources, and structured mentorship. Club affiliates strive to involve members of the Moravian campus, Moravian alumni, and local community partners through sponsored events where members can obtain working knowledge of businesses and their processes. Through such experiences, we hope the members of MBL, as well as the Moravian Community, will grow and develop a greater sense of appreciation and responsibility both for themselves and for others.
Past activities include: visiting Tiffany and Co. (hosted by Andy Hart, alumnus and member of Board of Trustees); touring Susquehanna Brewing Company, volunteering at the Lehigh Valley Iron Pigs (where members worked with group sales and events, in addition to promotional departments to understand how a baseball game is managed and staged); participating in student Organization Fairs; and providing financial support to the ODE dinner, philanthropic events in the community, and the Senior Toast.
Omicron Delta Epsilon: The Economics Honors Society
About Omicron Delta Epsilon Honor Society
Omicron Delta Epsilon is one of the world’s largest academic honor societies. The objectives of Omicron Delta Epsilon are recognition of scholastic attainment and the honoring of outstanding achievements in economics; the establishment of closer ties between students and faculty in economics within colleges and universities, and among colleges and universities; the publication of its official journal, The American Economist, and sponsoring of panels at professional meetings as well as the Irving Fisher and Frank W. Taussig competitions http://www.omicrondeltaepsilon.org/aboutus.html.
Requirements for Admission
All Moravian students meeting the following criteria are eligible:
- Junior or senior standing
- Three courses in economics: ECON 152, ECON 225 or 226, and one more 200- or 300- level economics course, excluding internship courses.
- Grade point average in economics of 3.0 or more
- Grade point average overall of 3.0 or more
ODE Young Alumni Awards
Since 2013, the Moravian University Alpha Nu ODE Chapter has recognized the accomplishments of the following young alumni:
- 2013-Amanda Logan ‘06, Executive Liaison, College of Eastern Idaho
- 2014-Alexander Smith-Constantine ‘07, Associate, Structured Products Syndicate, Goldman Sachs
- 2015-Charlsie Keefe James ‘05, Sr. Product Specialist Insurance and Real Estate, S&P Global Market Intelligence
- 2015-Todd James ‘05, Sr. VP, Corporate Affairs & Investor Relations, Acceleron
- 2016-Ashley Hugo Marx ‘07, Sr. Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions Tax, KPMG
- 2016-William Marx ‘07, Associate Attorney, Morgan, Lewis, & Bockius, LLP
- 2017-Austin Rock ‘12, Director of Strategy & Partnerships, Baldwin Risk Partners
- 2017-Renee Garin ‘04, Sr. Manager, HRIS, Pensions, & Data Analytics, Talen Energy
- 2018-Corey Koenig ‘11, VP, Office of the COO, SAP
- 2019-Nicco Dalpiaz ‘12, Client Manager, NielsenIQ; Winemaker, Dalvino Wine Co.
- 2020-Angela DelGrosso ‘14, Sr. VP, Bethlehem Chamber at Greater LV Chamber of Commerce; Owner of Steel City Plant Company
- 2021-Perry Mindo ‘16, Sr. Finance Manager-Operations & Supply Chain, Pernod Ricard
IAHS: IMA Accounting Honor Society
The IMA Accounting Honor Society (IAHS) recognizes and honors academic achievement in the study of accounting and provides an opportunity for students to differentiate themselves as they begin their career journey. IAHS membership is available to all students who meet the eligibility criteria. At Moravian University, the Economics and Business Department honors these students with a honors banquet where students that are being inducted can celebrate with their families and friends.
For more information, please visit: https://www.imanet.org/iahs/about