Welcome to Moravian University and the pack!
Students requesting accommodations for the first time will engage in an interactive process with the Accessibility Services Center (ASC) to determine appropriate accommodations and suggest other college services that they may find helpful. The interactive process simply means that the ASC, the student with a disability, and faculty and staff will work together to determine appropriate accommodations to provide access to your programs.
This process starts with you!
Steps to Register With ASC
- Complete an Intake Form. Students will need their Moravian identification number and email address to complete this form.
- Visit our Documentation Guidelines page and share supporting documentation with us.
- We encourage students to disclose their disabilities as early as possible to provide needed accommodations promptly. The ASC will happily receive the student's Intake Form and supporting documentation at any time. However, the ASC encourages a proactive approach to best meet students' needs.
- If the student does not have immediate access to their documentation, they may share it later.
- We will contact the student if additional information or documentation is needed.
- Meet with an ASC staff member who will work with the student to identify appropriate accommodations.
- Meet regularly with the ASC staff. We encourage new students registered with the ASC to regularly meet with the ASC staff, especially during their first year. This contact allows the staff to guide students and work with them proactively to address questions and resolve problems that may arise.
The interactive process will only continue when the student actively participates in meeting with the ASC, instructors, and other university staff.