Applying to the Accelerated BSN Program in Nursing
Applicants must meet the program’s Prerequisite Requirements
In addition, applicants must provide the following:
- A completed application, with a $50 fee payable online only (Application fee waiver and discounted tuition rates do not apply to the Accelerated BSN Program)
- Two completed recommendation forms, one of which must be from a course professor
- A personal statement that describes the applicant’s career goals in nursing (limited to no more than 1000 words)
- Official transcripts from all post-secondary schools attended
- With the successful completion of the application process, a personal interview with nursing faculty may be required
Moravian offers Early Decision (November 1) and Regular Decision (February 1).
Admission decisions will be made by April 1. Commitment to Moravian College must be done by April 15 along with a deposit of $400.
Students may only receive provisional offers of acceptance, pending a deposit of $400 and verification of satisfactory health status, updated immunizations, BLS certification, negative urine drug screens, and child abuse and criminal background check clearances. At the time that students are offered provisional admission, packets of information on how to obtain these required clearances will be mailed to them. All of these requirements must be completed by June 1, or the offer of admission will be rescinded and offered to prospective students on a waiting list.
Students who are offered the opportunity to wait for an open seat in the class will be advised to proceed with obtaining their healthwork and other clearances so that possible offers of admission may be made to them when students offered a seat either decline offers of admission or fail to obtain the necessary clearances. Students will verify acceptance of a slot on the wait-list by completing clearance requirements by June 1. Those students offered to be placed on the wait-list who do not complete their clearances by June 1 will no longer remain on the wait list.
Students who must still complete prerequisite course requirements and offered either provisional program acceptance or wait-list status must also complete their verification of clearances by June 1 in order to maintain their status as provisionally accepted or on the wait list. These students must provide verification of satisfactory completion of the prerequisite course requirements no later than a date specified in their letters of provisional acceptance.
International applicants must follow the processes specified for international applicants to other Moravian College programs.