The Diversity House
The Center for Intercultural Advancement & Global Inclusion is a part of the Division of Student Affairs and is located in the Diversity House at 1138 Main Street. The Center supports the mission of the College by providing leadership for diversity and inclusion initiatives across the institution as well as offering support for historically underrepresented, marginalized, and international students. The Diversity House is frequently used by students throughout the week as a place to study, relax, and socialize.
The areas of the Diversity House that are available to students include:
- Back Yard: Includes a fenced yard, picnic tables, and a charcoal grill
- Clubhouse Lounge (3rd Floor): Includes comfortable sofas, a smart TV, and a study nook.
- Conference Room (3rd Floor): This is an ideal space for club meetings, but can also be used as an individual or group studying space.
- Kitchen: Full kitchen with sink, oven/range, microwave, and full-size refrigerator.
- Main Lounge (1st Floor): Equipped with smart technology, fireplace, and living room furniture.
- Special Project Room (Basement): Dedicated space for group art projects and decoration prep work.
- Study Office (2nd Floor): Use this quiet space to focus on academic excellence. You are also welcome to connect to our network printer in this office space or the color printer on the first floor.
Diversity House Access
We invite students interested in using the resources available in the Diversity House during the evening and on weekends to complete the "Application for Diversity House Access at 1138 Main Street". Applications will be reviewed by the members of the Diversity House staff. Applicants may be asked to participate in an interview to if we need clarification on any aspect of the application.
Students who are granted access to the Diversity House will be required to participate in an orientation to using and accessing the house and sign a user agreement form. Access will be granted by using the student ID panel in the rear of 1138 Main Street. Please allow at least 3 class days for your application to be processed.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com or visit the Diversity House. If the link above does not work, please click here: https://goo.gl/forms/xwbYFeSiNbx0lImG3.