After all these years, we're still taking cues from Comenius' original quest: To seek and to find those methods of instruction which will best help students to become knowledgeable, effective and humane teachers, teachers who will think carefully and clearly about how their beliefs, practices, and decisions will affect the lives of children.
The Education Department at Moravian College will prepare you to do just that. We send teachers out into the world who:
- are scholars as well as teachers;
- are committed to the academic success of all of their students;
- are concerned with the personal as well as intellectual development of their students;
- use pedagogical strategies which are firmly grounded in empirical research;
- understand the value of self-reflection and continuing professional development;
- view education as a means to bring forth social justice and transform the world.
Interested? Good. Come explore our more than 20 undergraduate certifications. Or how about our graduate programs and certificates, for whether you're already in the classroom or ready for a career change? Learn about our faculty, or read our most recent research. It's all here.
“Liberating education consists in acts of cognition, not transferals of information.” —Paulo Freire