After all these years, we're still taking cues from Comenius' original quest: To seek and to find those methods of instruction which will best help students to become knowledgeable, effective and humane teachers, teachers who will think carefully and clearly about how their beliefs, practices, and decisions will affect the lives of children.
The Education Department at Moravian University will prepare you to do just that. We send teachers out into the world who:
- are scholars as well as teachers;
- are committed to the academic success of all of their students;
- are concerned with the personal as well as the intellectual development of their students;
- use pedagogical strategies which are firmly grounded in empirical research;
- understand the value of self-reflection and continuing professional development;
- view education as a means to bring forth social justice and transform the world.
Come explore our more than 20 undergraduate certifications and graduate programs and certifications. Learn about our faculty, or read our most recent research. Programs in teacher education are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
“Liberating education consists in acts of cognition, not transferals of information.” —Paulo Freire
Kappa Delta Pi
International Honorary Society in Education
KDP is an organization of education certification students. The international KDP membership recognizes overall academic excellence. Local members strive to maintain a high degree of collegiality and mentoring in elementary and secondary education programs. (Advisor: Dr. Laurie Kahn)
2023 KDP Induction Ceremony - Sunday, April 23
Summer Reading Program
Field Experience Visit
Moravian University Field Experience students visit Governor Wolf Elementary School on Friday, April 21, 2023