Photography is part of the Office of Marketing and Communications work in support of our strategic University-wide initiatives and enrollment efforts, with an emphasis on storytelling around Moravian's mission, brand identity, and reputation.
Our award-winning University staff photographer captures images that help to tell the story of Moravian from the perspective of students, faculty, staff, and alumni. Our photo work is focused on branded storytelling and marketing initiatives, not documentary photography of events.
Find a Photo
We maintain an extensive database of high-quality, on brand photos from orientation weekend to graduation, and everything in between. If you can’t find what you’re looking for in our gallery, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for additional resources.
Photography Project Requests
You should submit a project request for photography at least 4 weeks before the shoot date. Please note that completing this form does not guarantee our photographer can attend your event.
You will receive a follow-up email from our office within 5 business days letting you know if your request will be covered, including the level of coverage our office can provide:
- Staff photographer (strategic University-wide initiatives)
- Student photographer (department event coverage)
- Freelance photographer (if your department has budget available)
- Use of the Marketing and Communications camera equipment
- If you’re planning to use these photos strictly on social media, we recommend using a smartphone.
There are a number of considerations when we’re determining if a request can be covered:
- Current strategic initiatives
- Bandwidth (we have only one professional photographer/videographer on staff)
- Photo shelf life (photos from smaller events can typically be reused for up to four years)
- Audience and usage (will these photos be shared on social media, used in an admissions brochure, be uploaded to a Flickr album, etc.)
- Event type (is this a major, public-facing event or a yearly department function)
All photographs supplied may be used for marketing, website and public relations purposes at the discretion of the Office of University Marketing & Communications.
Final Image(s) will be provided via email within 10 working days.
Sessions for formal headshots are scheduled twice a semester by the Office of Marketing and Communications and announced to faculty and staff via email. Time slots are available on a first come, first served basis. After the shoot, you can expect to receive your headshot in 10 working days. If you need a headshot sooner, please schedule a session by emailing email@example.com.
Note: Headshots have a shelf-life of 2–5 years. An updated headshot on campus is preferred for use on the website.