Welcome New Hounds!
New Student Orientation for the Class of 2025 will be held Friday, August 27, 2021 through Sunday, August 29, 2021.
New Student Orientation for Transfer Students will be Saturday, August 28, 2021.
New Student Orientation welcomes new students through building relationships and introducing resources and opportunities that assist in the adjustment to college while fostering a sense of community and Moravian pride to enhance the overall college experience. New Student Orientation is the beginning of your Moravian University journey and official introduction to the campus community. This is your time to get to know the campus community while making new friends and meeting new challenges.
We're ready to welcome our newest hounds to campus in fall 2021!
- New Student Orientation is designed for commuters and residents.
- Each new student is assigned to an orientation group lead by an upperclass Orientation Leader (OL), selected on their leadership skills and Moravian pride and passion.
- Resident students should plan to arrive to campus on Friday morning, August 27. Commuters should arrive Friday afternoon.
- New Student Orientation is for incoming students. Families and new students are encouraged to connect with the community during the Matriculation Ceremony before families depart campus late Friday afternoon.
- New Student Orientation includes our new student traditions and prepares our newest hounds for their first semester while providing opportunities to meet other students and learn what it means to be a Moravian student.
During New Student Orientation and in the first few weeks of the semester, you may feel nervous, overwhelmed, excited, or a number of other emotions. Regardless, remember you have joined a community where there are many who were once were in your shoes. Your Orientation Leader (OL), Resident Advisor (RA), and others are here to provide support along your journey. We want to transform your anxieties into feelings of excitement about what your Moravian journey will hold!
Questions or concerns regarding New Student Orientation? Contact the Student Life Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.861.1503.
We look forward to welcoming you to campus!
Associate Dean of Students