How to Make a Writing Center Appointment
First visit? Click here to register for an appointment with a Writing Center tutor. Returning? Log in below.
- Use the log in fields above or go to moravian.edu/writingcenter. (If you haven't registered with the Writing Center before, you must register for an account before reserving an appointment.)
- On the log in page, select the appropriate schedule. Undergraduate students should utilize the "Writing Center [semester]" schedule; graduate, seminary, and continuing education students should utilize the "Graduate & Continuing Ed. Writing Center" schedule when possible (though you are free to use the main Writing Center schedule if you prefer. See the image below for an example of this selection menu:
- Use the "Limit to:" dropdown menu at the top of the page to find tutors who specialize in your area of writing. Most often the best strategy is to select "General" to find tutors who work with all types of writing, but you may wish to narrow your options to tutors who are more familiar with the discipline you are writing in.
- Choose a date and time for your appointment from the openings available. Open appointment slots are white. Blue slots are already reserved by other students; navy blue slots indicate that the tutor does not work during that time. Your own appointments are yellow. Gray slots are days and times that have already passed.
- Click once on the open appointment slot that you wish to reserve.
- When the appointment reservation window pops up, fill out all the information required (marked with a red asterisk). Several fields are optional, depending on your needs and the purpose for your visit.
- When you're done filling out the appointment form, click the save button to complete the appointment creation process. You will receive a confirmation email to confirm your appointment and the spot you reserved will appear in yellow on the schedule.
If you need more assistance, visit us on the second floor of Zinzendorf Hall or call 610-861-1592 during our open hours.
The Writing Center is located in a building that is not accessible to individuals with mobility impairments. However, we can gladly make arrangements for a Writing Center tutor to work with you at the Student Success Center in Reeves Library. If you wish to meet a tutor in the Library, please indicate this on the appointment reservation form or email Meg Mikovits, the Writing Center and Writing Fellows Coordinator.