Graduates and their friends and families are invited to the Intercultural Graduation on Friday, May 7, 2021 at 1:00 p.m. on Makuvek Field. This ceremony is an opportunity to celebrate graduates who have an affiliation with the Office for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and/or the Center for Global Education as well as others interested in reflecting on the meaning of their college journey and its connection to their identities and cultures.
Moravian College is committed to the health and safety of all our graduates, guests, and community members. Public health guidelines, state restrictions, and the College’s Health and Safety Plan for COVID-19 will remain in effect for all Commencement-related events. All attendees coming to campus will be required to wear a mask covering the mouth and nose at all times and maintain physical distancing. Anyone failing to comply will not be permitted access to the ceremony and will be required to leave.
In case of severe weather, the ceremony will be entirely virtual. In case of severe weather please check your Moravian.edu email address to receive a notification of the virtual event. You can watch the virtual event here: https://vimeo.com/event/789062/ab17eb60fb
To participate in the Intercultural Graduation, graduates must have completed the Google form that was sent to their moravian.edu email address to RSVP.
Arriving on Campus
Graduates can arrive beginning at 12:00 p.m. with their guests and use the same entrance as the guests to enter the field. The graduates will wear their regalia and will seat themselves in the graduate seating section near the stage. Participants will be seated in alphabetical order, and graduates’ names will be on their chairs. Graduates will plan to be in their seats by 12:45 p.m. at the latest.
Guests should plan to arrive no earlier than 12:00 p.m. There will be plenty of space for everyone. Please help us maintain proper physical distancing and community safety by observing COVID-19 protocols.
Faculty and staff should plan to arrive no earlier than 12:00 p.m. Faculty and staff will enter the same entrance as graduates and guests and seat themselves in the faculty and staff section prior to the beginning of the ceremony.
Guests will be seated together, but physically distanced from others, in “pod-style” seating. When you arrive, choose a pod for your group and maintain proper distancing.
- All College parking lots will be open to guests, although some may be designated as handicapped parking only. Campus police will be available to assist with directions and traffic control.
- A map showing campus parking lots is available online: moravian.edu/campusmaps
ADA Parking and Seating Access
- It is strongly recommended that those with mobility issues be dropped off in the vicinity of the Haupert Union Building (HUB). Drop-off and pick-up will be on W. Laurel St. between Orchard St. and Monocacy St. in the posted area.
- Handicapped parking will be available in Lots I, J, and where designated on W. Laurel Street between Monocacy and Gessinger Streets. Campus police will be on site to assist.
- The campus entrance at Main St. & W. Locust St. will be closed to traffic after 8:30 a.m.
- Accessible restrooms are available on the lower and upper levels of the HUB.
- Some ADA seating will be available on the HUB portico although guests are also welcome to seat themselves on the field.
- Moravian College encourages persons with disabilities to participate in all of its programs and activities. If you, or a guest, require special access on campus, please contact Jane Berger (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least two weeks prior to the Intercultural Graduation.
- There will be a live-streaming video of the event for those who are unable to attend. You will find this live-stream at https://vimeo.com/event/789062/ab17eb60fb
Live-streaming video of the event will be captioned. Guests watching the video in the provided, on-campus locations or live streaming at home will see the text displayed. A separate text-only website is also available, moravian.edu/captions, which is a more data-plan-friendly option for people using their personal mobile devices.