Summer Suzuki Workshop @ Moravian
The Summer Suzuki Workshop @ Moravian (SSW@M) is open to Suzuki cello, guitar, piano, viola, violin and voice students of all ages, who are currently studying with a Suzuki Method teacher. Students and parents will enjoy an inspiring weekend of making music and learning from outstanding faculty.
Dates: June 23 - 25, 2017
Tuition: $190 ($225 after June 5, 2017)
Application Deadline: June 5, 2017
Application Procedure: Complete registration form and mail with payment
Final Concert Date: Sunday, June 25, 2017 @ 2:00 pm
- To offer an inspiring and educational summer workshop for Suzuki students
- To provide students with the opportunity to study with master teachers
- To provide daily performing opportunities for students
- To provide elective classes to support and encourage students in their studies
- To provide parent education classes to support Suzuki parents
- Daily Master Class and Group Class for each student
- Elective Classes, such as Choir, Dalcroze, Yoga, and Alexander Technique
- Suzuki Early Childhood Education Classes
- Performance Opportunities Each Day: Friday Play-In, Saturday Solo Recital, Sunday Final Concert
- Faculty Recital on Saturday Evening
- Parent Talks
Friday afternoon classes starting at 2:30 pm, Friday evening Play-In, Saturday all day classes and events, Sunday morning classes and afternoon final concert at 2:00 pm.
Meals and Housing
Meal packages are available for students and parents to purchase (in addition to tuition price). Students, parents, and faculty will eat meals together in Clewell Dining Hall on campus. Please note that no outside food is allowed on campus.
Dormitory housing is available for students and parents to purchase (in addition to tuition price).
Registration and Fees
Tuition includes all classes and performances, as well as a free workshop T-shirt
- Whole workshop (Includes Friday dinner, 3 meals on Saturday, and Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday): Adults and Children ages 12 + Up: $58; Children ages 12 + under: $30.50
- Commuter package (Includes Friday dinner, Saturday Lunch and Dinner, and Sunday Lunch): Adults and Children ages 12 + Up: $45, Children ages 12 + under: $23.50
Dormitory: $65 per person (for the whole workshop: includes Friday and Saturday nights)
How to Register
You can register by mailing the printable registration form to:
Summer Suzuki Workshop @ Moravian College
1200 Main Street
Bethlehem, PA 18018
For more information contact the Music Institute 610-861-1650 (voice), 610-465-8807 (FAX), or firstname.lastname@example.org
A parent is required to attend all classes with their child throughout the duration of the workshop.
- Megan Durham, yoga (bio)
- Martha Schrempel, advanced piano (bio)
- Melissa Socci, Workshop Director (bio)
- Joseph Waggoner, voice (bio)
- Paula Zerkle, Dalcroze (bio)
- Rosalie Keddington, violin
- Chris Souza, violin (bio)
- Andrea Kleesattel, cello (bio)
- Dawn Rockwell, piano (bio)
- Chris Mincer, guitar and Alexander Technique (bio)
Following the tradition of over 250 years of music in Bethlehem and located in the historic district, THE MORAVIAN COLLEGE MUSIC INSTITUTE encourages the art of music through study and performance at all levels for any student or member of the community. Offerings include private lessons, master classes, group ensembles and Suzuki education.
MCMI offers excellent year round concert programming to suit any musical taste.
For More Information on Music Lessons or MCMI Events, call 610.861.1650 or email email@example.com