Please check back for continual updates on projects and scheduled maintenance.
Requirements for Contractors Working on Campus
A signed copy of Moravian College's COVID-19 Agreement is required in our office before you are able to begin work onsite. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Current Projects -
- Hurd campus heating/cooling project is more than 50% complete. Super Heat has just about finished work in South Hall (which includes the addition of air conditioning) and is continuing work in West Hall to replace the boiler system.
- Parking lot X expansion is complete and has added 62 parking spaces to accommodate overflow from the SMRC parking lot.
- Nitschmann dorm received new carpet, paint and light fixtures. Hillsides and Townhouses received new flooring.
- The drainage problem in front of Reeves Library has been corrected, so no more bird baths. Even following the recent tropical storm and over 6" of rain, the new drains performed as designed.
- We have a new tenant at the Book Shop dining location, Randevoo, who required HVAC upgrades to the kitchen.Comenius windows installation is complete! This is the third and final summer of a phased project to replace all of the windows on the west elevation.
- The combination of two separate gifts and additional funding from the FMPC budget facilitated the Borhek storm window repair. The wood storm window trim has been scraped, repaired and painted giving the building a much needed facelift.
- Johnston Hall traditional bench-style bleachers were replaced with units with individual seat backs for a much more comfortable experience.
- Brethren’s House roof has been replaced with new cedar shingles.
- Dance Studio has been relocated from Johnston Hall to the old Root Cellar space in the HILL.
- The common areas of the first floor of Reeves Library received new carpeting.
- Two new glass study rooms were constructed in Reeves Library.
- We are in the planning phase to relocate the IT Help Desk and Media Services to the lower level of Reeves Library.
- Programming and preliminary design for an addition to the north end of the HUB are underway. ESa, the same architect that designed the Sally, has been engaged to partner with the college again.
- Removal and replacement of all carpeting in both halves of the duplex Greenwich 227-225.