Moravian College Tent Heaters -
We have ceased to utilize the heaters and tents as of Tuesday November 24th, 2020. Spring 2021 semester schedule will be developed at a later time.
- PPHAC Patio - (2)
- Diversity House - (1)
- Bahnson - (1)
- Reeves - (1)
- Foy - (1)
- HUB Portico - (1)
Hours of Operation: The heaters will be available for use between the hours of 12:00pm to 8:00pm, seven days a week, depending on weather up.
Operations, Maintenance and Monitoring: Outdoor heaters have been rented in order to provide heat to select tents on campus. FMPC has distributed the heaters around campus ensuring that the heater, propane tank and extension cords are as secure as possible. FMPC will also ensure that the propane tanks are filled, this will be done via a gas delivery/supply company.
- M-F 8:00am to 4:00pm - Should the gas tanks run out then the heater will not be usable until the next day FMPC staff are back on duty.
- M-F 4:00pm - 10:00pm - Campus Police will visually monitor the tents to ensure the heaters are operating properly. During this time if there is a problem with the heaters Campus Police will turn the heater off and close the valve. At 10:00pm the Campus Police will turn off the heaters and secure for the night.
- WEEKENDS - FMPC will monitor the heaters from 7:00am to 3:00pm. Campus Police will monitor from 3:00pm to 10:00pm.
Safety: FMPC will procure ‘lock-out/tag-out’ type padlocks for the gas cylinder valves. FMPC will chain and secure tanks and heaters in place. Minimum clearances - Back and sides - 1 foot, Front - 6 feet from diffuser (chalk line will indicate)
Check out our Fall 2020 Newsletter to find out what FMPC has been up to and has planned for this summer!
Frequently Asked Questions -
- How can I request PPE? Please email Chad Royer directly at Royerc@moravian.edu
- What can be recycled on campus? Single-stream recycling system, which means recyclable paper, plastic, metal and plastic can all be put in the recycling bin.
- Where are the Residence Halls trash and recycling locations on campus? Click here to find out more information regarding location specifics.
- What is the cleaning and sanitation responsibility of FMPC versus students? Click here for an easy breakdown of responsibilities.
- When is the heat or air conditioning turned on? The heat is generally turned on around October 15. Air conditioning is generally turned on around April 15. These dates vary with the average weather conditions and temperature.
- What do I do if I have previously submitted a work request and I need to make a change or cancel it? Email FMPC@moravian.edu with the change. Please do not submit another web request for the change.
- Hardware: I need a tool, can I borrow one? We do not loan out tools to students, however, if you need something fixed or worked on please submit a work order through school dude at schooldude.moravian.edu.
- Can individuals or departments hire consultants and contractors directly for projects and renovations? No. All consultants and contractors are to be engaged by FMPC.
- How do I obtain a key to an office, classroom, or building? Dependent of the level of key be requested, personnel must have an appropriate email authorization from an Authorized Signatory. This approval is needed before keys are issued to College faculty and staff. Office secretary/administrative support staff submits an online work request to FMPC including the following information: Individuals name, building with room number and contract dates. Name of the Authorized Signatory should be included in the work request. All requests are reviewed by the Assistant Director of Operations before being processed.
- How soon will someone come when I put in a work order? Every work order that is entered into the system is routed to the appropriate department supervisor and assigned to a technician. Assignments are prioritized based on a number of factors that include emergency or safety issues, time of day the request is made, requested completion date, and/or availability of technicians or materials. You will receive a notification email letting you know that your request has been received and the current status it has been given. You will also receive notification if the status changes or if the request is a duplicate or is being declined. Finally, you will receive notification when the technician assigned to your request files it as complete.
- How do I request service on laundry machines (washer or dryer)? Visit fixmymaytag.com/moravian for laundry machine concerns.
- Who do I contact if my internet is not working? Email email@example.com for IT, and internet concerns.
- What is the difference between a work order (SchoolDude) request and a space/project request and how do I know which one to use?
- Work Orders are submitted for campus buildings and grounds requiring maintenance, building repairs, custodial care and other service needs. Examples of typical work order requests categories include the following: Building and/or grounds related, maintenance, repairs, utilities, custodial services, trash and recycling, landscaping, paving and college roadways maintenance, lawn and other grounds care, snow removal, furniture moving. Typically, work order requests are payed for through the FMPC operating budget. Please review the FMPC commitment to service document on the website for detailed descriptions of the FMPC budget intent.
- Space and/or Project requests are submitted when requesting either additional space, temporary or permanent space, for a department or programme and/or requiring a physical change to the College in some fashion. Examples of project requests often fall into the following categories: Office, lab or classroom renovations/improvements, Alterations, New construction, Specialized equipment Installation, capital projects, both small and large scale planning. All Space/Project requests will be reviewed by the Space Planning Committee prior to approval. Please review the Campus Space Policy. Typically, Space and Project requests are not paid for by the FMPC budgets and it is incumbent upon the requestor to identify funds. To make a space and/or a project request, please click on the Space Request Form. After filling out the form, please obtain signatures from your department head and Dean or your Vice President for approval. Send the form back to FMPC via email at FMPC@moravian.edu.