Skip to main content

Appealing the Final Grade

The right to appeal a panel's grade is recognized only when the appellant intends to provide evidence that the grade was the result of a violation of academic standards or ethics in the examination. Appeals are to be filed with the Honors Committee Chair. The full Honors Committee will rule on the merits of an appeal and will determine by majority vote whether to accept or reject an appeal for reconsideration. The Honors Committee does not have the authority to change a grade established by an examination panel, but it does have the authority to schedule a new examination. The ruling of the second Examination panel then becomes final and is not subject to appeal.