Post-Master’s Nurse Educator Certificate
As the healthcare environment has become more complex, the role of the professional nurse has grown to meet contemporary complex challenges. It is clear that the more highly educated the nurse, the better the patient healthcare outcomes. The demand for skilled nurse educators in nursing and healthcare is well documented for the future of healthcare.
The Department of Nursing at Moravian University offers the Post-Master’s Nurse Educator Certificate. The program is a 21-credit program, that includes 9 credits of direct care courses. In addition, there are 12 credits of specialty courses in nursing and education.
Curriculum for the Post-Master’s Nurse Educator Certificate
Nursing Education Courses
- NURS 613: Assessment and Evaluation
- NURS 614: Theory and Practice for Nurse Educators
- EDUC 610: Differentiating Instruction
- EDUC 655: Standards-Based Curriculum Development
Required Advanced Science Courses (The 3 P’s)
- NURS 530: Advanced Pathophysiology
- NURS 532: Advanced Pharmacology
- NURS 534: Advanced Health and Physical Assessment
If determined to be needed through “gap analysis” (within 5 years), the student will need to take 1 or more of the 3Ps (above).
- Satisfactory completion of a graduate program in nursing with at least 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Submission of official transcripts from all postsecondary schools attended
- Active RN licensure in Pennsylvania or eligibility for licensure by endorsement
- Completion of a statistics course at an undergraduate or graduate level with a grade of C or better
- Two professional references, one from a nursing supervisor
- Written statement of professional goals for further study
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing and master's degree program in nursing at Moravian University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
Request Info: moravian.edu/graduate-inquiry
For more information about the Post-Master’s Nurse Educator Certificate, to speak with an advisor, or to make an appointment, call us at 610-861-1400 or email email@example.com, or contact Caroline Bechtel, Student Experience Mentor, at 610-625-7131 or firstname.lastname@example.org.