DEFINITIONS OF COURSE MODALITIES
- In-Person – A course in which all standard contact hours are through face-to-face sessions on campus. Students will be expected to attend all face-to-face sessions in person.
- Online Synchronous – A course that is taken through an internet platform such as Moravian University's LMS, Canvas, with live, real-time video conferencing sessions on specific days and times. There are no face-to-face sessions on campus.
- Online Asynchronous – A course delivered through an internet platform such as Moravian University's LMS, Canvas, with no face-to-face sessions nor live, real-time video conferencing sessions.
- Hybrid – A course in which the standard contact hours are divided into face-to-face sessions on campus and an online component. The online component may be either synchronous live sessions or asynchronous materials.
- Hybrid A ("Conventional Hybrid") - The in-person sessions are not offered with dual-modality. Students are expected to attend all the face-to-face sessions on campus in person.
- Hybrid B ("Hybrid with Dual Modality") - All of the in-person sessions are offered with dual-modality. Students may attend the face-to-face sessions in person or through Zoom.