Moravian University volunteers are dedicated alumni, students, parents/families, and friends of the University who participate in sponsored college events and organizations, work to engage and excite their classmates and peers to do the same, and provide guidance for current students.
Requirements and Expectations of a Moravian University Volunteer:
- Embodies drive and passion to actively participate in campus events.
- Makes a personally meaningful gift to the Moravian Scholarship Fund or other institutional priorities.
- Aids the Development Office with peer outreach and actively works to connect with others to ensure up to date contact information.
- Aids the Alumni Office by continually engaging fellow alumni with information on how to be an involved alumnus/a.
- Maintains regular contact with their staff liaison to identify potential volunteers; provide feedback on the program, and suggest other opportunities for engagement and fundraising.
- Adheres to the requirements and responsibilities of the specific volunteer group.
- All volunteers are to be educated allies for Moravian’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion (DEI) initiatives. In this role, you will engage with underrepresented alumni and students to participate in leadership and volunteer opportunities and the life of the University.
Volunteer groups require ongoing commitment and participation. Additional requirements and expectations can be provided by the volunteer coordinator.
|Group||Who Can Participate||Managed By|
|Alumni Association Board of Directors||Undergraduate and Graduate University Alumni||Director of Alumni & Family Engagement|
|Moravian Theological Seminary (MTS) Alumni Council||MTS Alumni||Director of Alumni & Family Engagement|
|Moravian Leadership Council (MLC)||Undergraduate and Graduate University Alumni||Leadership Gift Officer|
|Blue & Grey Club||All Athletic Supporters||Director of Annual & Affinity Giving|
|Comenius Society Agents||Comenius Level Donors||Leadership Gift Officer|
|Cornerstone Society Agents||Cornerstone Level Donors||Leadership Gift Officer|
|Student Alumni Representatives (STARs)||Current sophomore, junior, and senior undergraduate students||Assistant Director of Student & Young Alumni Engagement|
|Senior Class Gift||Current senior undergraduate students||Assistant Director of Student & Young Alumni Engagement|
|Anna Nitschmann Society||Women Comenius Level Donors||Leadership Gift Officer|
|Zinzendorf Family Fellows||Leadership level parent donor||Leadership Gift Officer|
|Class Correspondent||Undergraduate alumni||Administrative Coordinator for Alumni & Family Engagement|
|Professional Affinity Groups||All constituents, based on specific careers||Assistant Director of Career Development|
Recognition for Moravian University Volunteer Groups
- Free admission for you and one guest to ticketed athletic events (when applicable, contact the Office of Alumni & Family Engagement for tickets).
- Two tickets to a Vespers service of your choice (in person when applicable).
- Recognition in an issue of the Moravian University Magazine for their efforts.
- Invite to the Volunteer Barbecue each summer at the Alumni House.
- Volunteer Spotlight - social media recognition
Independent volunteer opportunities have a low time commitment to them and typically do not require recurring events or meetings over a long period of time. They are opportunities that can be volunteered for at any time. Independent opportunities include:
- Admissions - MAAPP: MAAPP is a partnership between the Office of Alumni & Family Engagement and the Admission Office, which allows alumni and parents to assist with the recruitment process of future Greyhounds. Volunteer opportunities include attending college fairs, open house, or accepted students days and taking part in notecard and phone call campaigns. This program is open to Moravian University alumni and parents.
- Career Development: Act as a mentor, speak on a panel, attend a career networking reception, or provide internships. These opportunities are open to alumni and parents. For additional information, call the Career Center at 610-861-1509 or visit the Career Center web page.
- Class Reunion Committees: Reunion committees help plan five-year class reunions, which take place during Homecoming & Reunion Weekend. Responsibilities include: contacting classmates and planning class-specific events. Phone conferencing enables long-distance alumni to attend the 1-3 committee meetings that are held during the year. This opportunity is open to undergraduate University alumni.
- Homecoming Volunteers: Volunteer for 2-4 hours during Homecoming, including Kids Zones, entrance/exit gates, and parking positions. These opportunities are open to any alumni and friends of the University.
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives: As Moravian continues to diversify its student body, we encourage alumni to help by supporting student events sponsored by the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
Who to Contact:
If you are interested in volunteering for one or multiple ongoing or independent volunteer opportunities, please contact Amanda Maenza, Director of Alumni & Family Engagement, at email@example.com or 610-861-1342, or complete our online form below. You will then be contacted by the volunteer coordinator to further discuss the role.