Who We Are
Golden Greyhounds is an alumni group focused on engaging graduates of 50+ years ago by providing programming and volunteer opportunities that are specific to their needs and interests. This group welcomes all alumni who graduated 50 or more years ago with eligibility beginning at the time of their 50+ Club induction at Homecoming & Reunion Weekend.
- Friday, March 31: Founders Week Tea—This special event is held for 50+ alumnae during Founders Week each year. It is an opportunity for them to come together with the First Lady and celebrate the founding of the institution.
- Wednesday, February 1: Guided Tour at the National Museum of Industrial History (Bethlehem). Housed in the former Electric Repair Shop of the Bethlehem Steel plant site on the vibrant SteelStacks arts & culture campus, the National Museum of Industrial History interprets industry past, present, and future through dynamic exhibits, hands-on interactives, and engaging programs. Visitors of all ages can enjoy the stories of the people, machines, and ideas that transformed our nation through a rich collection of rare artifacts including the esteemed 1876 Smithsonian Industrial collection.
- Wednesday, November 30: Lunch & Learn with Dr. Jamie Paxton, Associate Professor of History, entitled "From Lenape Country to the Lehigh Valley: The Lenape, the Walking Purchase, and the Moravians." Click here to view the recording.
- Birthday Card Volunteers: Golden Greyhounds are invited to write birthday cards to 50+ alumni who do not have email addresses to receive our annual birthday emails. Volunteers will be invited to come to the Alumni House on a specific date to write these cards.
- Comenius Cares Volunteers: Join in our outreach efforts to alumni who are ill or in need of support or sympathy.
- Moravian Alumni and Parent Program (MAAPP): Those interested in volunteer opportunities will be encouraged to participate in the Moravian Alumni & Parent Program (MAAPP). For more information, click here.
- Heritage Day: Participate in a day of community service on or off campus on Wednesday, September 21, 2022. For more information, click here.