COUNSELING AND THERAPY SERVICES
The Counseling Center staff strives to provide culturally competent, evidenced based care in an inclusive and confidential environment. In addition to individual, couples, and group counseling and therapy services, psychiatry services are available upon assessment and referral by one of the college counselors. Ongoing counseling and therapy services are not time limited but generally are short-term in nature. Click below to learn more about services provided:
- Individual Counseling and Therapy
- Couples Counseling and Therapy
- Group Counseling and Therapy
- Psychiatric Services
Anxiety, stress, depression, and social issues are the top four reasons student seek out counseling and therapy services.
How Counseling and Therapy can Help
- In a college counseling center, counselors support and empower students to develop their potential, improve mental health, and define and pursue their academic and personal goals.
- Even though it may feel like you are just dealing with basic stressors of college life, counseling can help tackle them more efficiently and prevent a slow buildup of stress that could become much more difficult to manage.
- Counseling and therapy can also help you understand and manage more serious mental health concerns.
- FAQ about the counseling and therapy process
- The APA Code of Ethics and PA state law considers the personal information you discuss in counseling and therapy to be confidential, therefore the counseling center strictly protects the confidentiality of information shared during sessions, as well as the attendance to any counseling service.
- This means that no record of counseling is made on an academic transcript, and that information regarding your counseling is not released without your written permission to anyone, unless otherwise indicated by law.
- Confidentiality will be discussed and explained on detail during the intake process or first therapeutic contact with the counselor.
- Moravian University Counseling Center staff are dedicated to providing culturally sensitive services and continually engage in training to increase their cultural awareness and competence.
- All Center Staff graduated from APA/ACA approved graduate programs that required a focus on providing culturally competent mental health services.
Location and Hours